British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   lost form for 2004 taxes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/lost-form-2004-taxes-358288/)

cutina Mar 1st 2006 3:59 am

lost form for 2004 taxes

hello.

i've been an idiot and lost my 2004 tax return form :(. And i need it to answer a question on this years Doh:rolleyes:! i know... i deserve all i get.... but is there any way of finding out the old info from the 2004 one?

I'm sure the answer will be a BIG FAT NO, but i had to ask.

thanks.:)

tina
xx

Rushman Mar 1st 2006 4:12 am

Re: lost form for 2004 taxes

Haven't a clue. The only taxes I know about are the ones I get home from the pub!!

cutina Mar 1st 2006 4:14 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Haven't a clue. The only taxes I know about are the ones I get home from the pub!!

damn it! :(

i'll have to reconsider that spanking:mad:

Partystar Mar 1st 2006 4:17 am

I don't know.

Rushman Mar 1st 2006 4:17 am

Originally Posted by cutina
damn it! :(

i'll have to reconsider that spanking:mad:

You'll get so many answers tomorrow your head will spin. Fatbrits probably your best bet, him or Ray..

antjen Mar 1st 2006 4:17 am

i havent got a clue either with regards to taxes, paying them or filing - give the friendly irs a call though, perhaps they could help :)

cutina Mar 1st 2006 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Partystar
I don't know.

bugger:rolleyes:

Yorkieabroad Mar 1st 2006 4:31 am

Originally Posted by antjen
give the friendly irs a call though, perhaps they could help :)

I know that was tongue in cheek, but I'm gonna stick me hand up and say they're actually pretty good!! The CPA for our business went bust (twat) middle of last year, and I had to pick up and try to clear up the mess - lots of time on the IRS helplines asking stupid questions, and without exception, every single one of them was extremely patient, very helpful and knew their stuff. I would give em a call if I were you.

Ray Mar 1st 2006 4:40 am

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4512-a.pdf

Lynne Mar 1st 2006 11:41 am

Originally Posted by cutina
hello.

i've been an idiot and lost my 2004 tax return form :(. And i need it to answer a question on this years Doh:rolleyes:! i know... i deserve all i get.... but is there any way of finding out the old info from the 2004 one?

I'm sure the answer will be a BIG FAT NO, but i had to ask.

thanks.:)

tina
xx

You can get a copy from the IRS. You should have a local office and can apply in person. Unfortunately, they are slower than Christmas and of course they charge per page. I am assuming you filed yourself, because if you used a tax preparer I think they keep a copy. Good luck.

Elsie The Maid Mar 1st 2006 1:59 pm

In the future, use Turbo Tax. It fills in all of last year's information for you. :D

cutina Mar 1st 2006 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
In the future, use Turbo Tax. It fills in all of last year's information for you. :D

i've been advised i can't use any of those programs with the tax treaty I have... but thanks! :)

cutina Mar 1st 2006 2:44 pm

thanks ray xx

cutina Mar 1st 2006 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Lynne
You can get a copy from the IRS. You should have a local office and can apply in person. Unfortunately, they are slower than Christmas and of course they charge per page. I am assuming you filed yourself, because if you used a tax preparer I think they keep a copy. Good luck.

thank you!:)