Reload this Page >

Loss passport

Loss passport

Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

trishyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Loss passport

Hi

I have lost my BNO passport by accident yesterday and i need to report then replace the passport. So I went to the British Consulate (NY) and attempted to find more information about it, but then I was greeted by two guards, they just handed me a couple piece of papers and asked me to look at the website. (which I DID, didn't find much detail info). I asked if there's somebody i could speak to, they said I need to make an appointment.

Since I lost my passport, I need to report it to the police and get a police report. But they would not take and make a report until I have a letter from British Consulate with an official stamp, saying that I am who I am, with identification/passport number if any.

I am very lost. I tried to call the Consulate number but could never reach anybody. In this way, how I can get a police report from them? I just called and left a voicemail, and asked them to give me a call back, but after googling all morning, i see a lot of people never get a reply after calling them.

So one of my question is: where can i make an appointment to see someone at the Consulate?

Please let me know what to do. Your advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Loss passport

pls help!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trishyy
pls help!
Do you have a photocopy of your passport somewhere back home? They can scan it and email it to you, or fax it to you, so you'll have all your information to show the police.

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the information on how to replace a lost passport:

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...olen-passports

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:29 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trishyy
Hi

I have lost my BNO passport by accident yesterday and i need to report then replace the passport. So I went to the British Consulate (NY) and attempted to find more information about it, but then I was greeted by two guards, they just handed me a couple piece of papers and asked me to look at the website. (which I DID, didn't find much detail info). I asked if there's somebody i could speak to, they said I need to make an appointment.

Since I lost my passport, I need to report it to the police and get a police report. But they would not take and make a report until I have a letter from British Consulate with an official stamp, saying that I am who I am, with identification/passport number if any.

I am very lost. I tried to call the Consulate number but could never reach anybody. In this way, how I can get a police report from them? I just called and left a voicemail, and asked them to give me a call back, but after googling all morning, i see a lot of people never get a reply after calling them.

So one of my question is: where can i make an appointment to see someone at the Consulate?

Please let me know what to do. Your advise would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have other ID with your name etc on it? your UK license etc?

Purely from the police standpoint, they are pretty much required to take a lost property report, especially a passport, even NYPD im guessing..you just have to have some kind of formal ID (license). If you feel like your being blown off, then ask for a Sergeant...its their (the police) job to take those reports...
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

I don't have a copy of the passport page, i could ask my parent to see if they happen to have a copy or not.

They couldn't take any police report for any foreign passport without the consulate's written statement this lady was also rude too, like she doesn't understand me having trouble just speak to someone from the consulate.

I do have CA DL, but she said she doesn't care about no license, because there's no way she could identify me as who i am. she's not being helpful at all. See attachment, that's the paper the lady gave me, she didn't even allow me to ask questions..

Do you know how i could get an appointment online or something? or should i call the country that issued the passport for me, see if they could help me instead?
Attached Thumbnails Loss passport-scan.jpeg  
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

My mother had her passport stolen when she was visiting me (in the US) and we reported it stolen no problem, the police just took the information and gave us some sort of reference number. I can't imagine why the police are being so unhelpful, it's not like they're the ones who are going to be responsible for okaying you for a replacement. I'd wait until the person you first spoke to is likely to be off shift and start again with someone new, not mentioning you've come in before, and just showing your driver's license if they ask you for ID.

We just called our local Embassy to get a temporary passport for her (and I can't remember if they needed the police report number or not). I got straight through to voicemail, tried again a bit later and got a real person who was exceedingly helpful. Hopefully you can get someone to answer eventually.

Last edited by Jscl; Jun 18th 2010 at 10:29 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

I actually got a call back from the consulate today, the girl was really nice and she told me, she has asked for me, that a police report is not a must. She asked me to forget about it. She just reminded me to fill in the loss/stolen form and also a app for the replacing passport, that would do.

I just look at the replacement form, it didn't state exactly what documents i need to mail it. Just lost and stolen form, passport app form and 2 photos. What else should i send? I mean if i send my birth certificate in original, i am afraid it might be lost in the mail and i would be in trouble.

So i don't need to have someone sign one of the picture, right? since i still look and all information are the same?