Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Looking for sympathy

Looking for sympathy

Old May 5th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for sympathy

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
Well that sucks!!!! I have no clue what Impetigo is but it sounds scarey! :scared:

Hoe you feel better soon! Definitely be careful with those insurance limits! I got informed last week I have exceeded mine and got hit with a $350 bill for a doc's visit
Does that mean you can't be sick for the rest of the year?
Old May 5th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
You can find sympathy in a dictionary, bewteen Shit & Syphalis ( Old saying )
Thanks Scrumpy... I'd have thought that a "Doctor" would have more of a bed side manner!?!

Update... The eye bubble has gone down (cool) and (off subject) we have pulled out of buying our house.

The bank tried to screw us over having already given us a letter confirming that we had the mortgage.
Old May 5th 2005, 6:02 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
The devil is nearly always in the detail, but what is it about certain foods that stimulate the proton pumps that line the stomach? What is the chemical explanation - which molecules, which part of what molecules cause this? There has to be a physical/chemical reason why the proton pumps become more active. What exactly causes this phenomenon?
sounds like you already know the answer to the question or else you should apply to the NSF for a grant to study it!
Old May 5th 2005, 6:03 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Drinks, candy, and chewing guy are also potential sources of hidden MSG.
You mean you can chuck up from going down?
Old May 5th 2005, 6:06 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
You mean you can chuck up from going down?
I would imagine most guys wouldn't stand for someone chewing their member... The only exception who comes to mind is Syllk.

NC Penguin

Last edited by NC Penguin; May 5th 2005 at 6:50 pm.
Old May 5th 2005, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Im no Doctor (unfortunately would love to earn that kind of money) however I've heard that the drugs for Acid Reflux make the condition worse. They take all the acids away and therefore your body produces more and overcompensates.

The list of side effects for these pills (Protonex?) is incredible... the top four are something like Headaches, Abdominal Pain, Liver Disorder and some eye disorder (I've had all four!) but their are literally hundreds of side effects which have occured as a result of taking these things.

The eye thing mostly went away yesterday evening (I stopped taking the pills) and there is very little sign of it today. It was more like an alergic reaction than anything else.
Old May 5th 2005, 6:16 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I would most guys wouldn't stand for someone chewing their member... The only exception who comes to mind is Syllk.
We are not speaking from experience here, okay. I don't wanna hear it!
Old May 5th 2005, 6:17 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by CitySimon
The list of side effects for these pills (Protonex?) is incredible... the top four are something like Headaches, Abdominal Pain, Liver Disorder and some eye disorder (I've had all four!) but their are literally hundreds of side effects which have occured as a result of taking these things.
tardive dyskinesia. permanent.

I have mild GERD and both daughters had severe cases as infants. This is why I have no sleep cycle.
Old May 5th 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tardive dyskinesia. permanent.
Christ... :scared: That doesn't even sound good!
Old May 5th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've just looked tardive dyskinesia up... God, that sounds awful. You have MY sympathies.
Old May 5th 2005, 7:09 pm
Gurning up a storm!

Location: Just moved back to NH from UK after the wife and I tried living in UK
Suffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutSuffolk Bumpkin has a spectacular aura about

Yeah - typical! Any other substance creating such havoc with your system would be banned outright as a highly toxic substance. Did they lunch out the clinical trials or something?
Old May 5th 2005, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about all of your ills City and of course pulling out of the house deal. Why did they say you had a mortgage and then start jacking you around?

On the GERD side of things, never had it....but I've had severe heartburn. I found that stress and eating crappy food all played a huge part in things. Couldn't always help the stress, but excercise and a very bland diet helped tremendously.

Unfortunately over here there is a pill for everything.....but just doing some common sense things can do wonders.

Best of luck.
Old May 5th 2005, 8:57 pm
Lapine Member

I've just looked tardive dyskinesia up... God, that sounds awful. You have MY sympathies.
Oh, I don't have it .... but I refused to let my youngest have one medicine because that was a potential side effect (this was a GERD drug) and I didn't feel the benefit was worth the risk.

Here in the US (and everywhere, really) you MUST read up on your conditions and medications. Doctors are great sources of information; and they wield the power of the prescribing pen and the surgical knife. But the decision is yours at the end of the day. People who will comparison shop 25 stores to find the lowest price on a settee, will often not question their medical treatment at all!

Your health is your most valuable asset. Treat it that way.
Old May 5th 2005, 11:12 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a crap time...

I've been sick for last two months. Firstly I came down with Impetigo (which was nasty), then I was diagnosed as having Acid Reflux (GERD) and have been having some really nasty side effects with the pills I've been taking.

This morning I've woke up with a bubble of liquid on my left eye ball, I can't see a damned thing, and have also just been told that I have vertigo/middle ear infection.

I've never been this sick in my entire life...
Welcome to the United States. Home of physically sick addicted to the money grabbing health insurance companies.

Watch what American junk you're eating. It's designed to make you sick to make the rich richer.

Ssshhhh. Don't tell know one else. I could get in trouble
Old May 6th 2005, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh, I don't have it .... but I refused to let my youngest have one medicine because that was a potential side effect (this was a GERD drug) and I didn't feel the benefit was worth the risk.

Your health is your most valuable asset. Treat it that way.
That's good. You had me worried there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.