Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

looking to get out of the uk

looking to get out of the uk

Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking to get out of the uk

Originally Posted by kevindj
don't mean to be cagey about it, i just don't wish to discuss the the visa's or route we went to obtain them in a public forum, i don't see any benefit to anyone in doing that
You don't even have to give any details. Just the visa type would probalby put a lot of our minds at ease. H1B? L1? Etc...

But of course you don't have to, if you really feel strongly about it.

Rene
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

why everyone is so concerned about the visas we have is beyond me! thanks for all your concern but i got it sorted, i have no need to discuss the how where's and when's of our visa's and permits, all i wanted to know was what the areas were like so far only 1 person has managed to answer without questioning visa's
Because the visa is by far the biggest hurdle to overcome for foreigners wanting to move to the USA. Your nonchalance raises a lot of suspicion. We've had more than one poster here assume that having a 10-year B1 visa means that the holder is free to live and work in the US for 10 years, for example.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

why everyone is so concerned about the visas we have is beyond me! thanks for all your concern but i got it sorted, i have no need to discuss the how where's and when's of our visa's and permits, all i wanted to know was what the areas were like so far only 1 person has managed to answer without questioning visa's
Because why should the collective we extend ourselves and waste our fingerprints typing answers that won't do you a whit of good if you can't get the visa?
Because people get scammed every day and think they have a visa when they do not.
Because people often don't know what they're doing when it comes to the visas and plenty of butts have been saved by asking here even after the fact.
Because at least one guy who posted here like you was a US citizen and didn't even know it until he started answering the probing questions here.
Because we're not obligated to do anything and if everyone is asking you, don't you think there might be a damn good reason?
Oh also because if people *have* figured a way into one of the more difficult countries to migrate to, they usually like to crow about it unless they're doing something illegal.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Because often the visa dictates where you can live because it is tied to a specific company and company locations. It also may be a visa that will take a while to get in which case the answers you get based on how things are today probably won't be true by the time you get the visa. Lastly, some visas are a crap shoot and you are not guaranteed to even get processes let alone approved, in which case your questions are largely pointless until you know that it will get processed and you have a good chance of getting it.

Aside from all that, if your main criteria for a place to live is some place that you have a low chance of being shot, put a pin in a map of the US and chances are you will have found a spot that fits that criteria. It would be much more useful if, along with the type of visa you have, you post what you are looking for. Like will you need public transport? do you want snow? do you want sun? do you want big city living? small town feel? all that kind of stuff. Right now it just sounds like you're taking the piss.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:44 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

I liked Brownsville.

Gulf Coast.... close to Cuban Cigars and cheap pharma....... nice weather not discounting the odd hurricane
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:48 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Because why should the collective we extend ourselves and waste our fingerprints typing answers that won't do you a whit of good if you can't get the visa?
Because people get scammed every day and think they have a visa when they do not.
Because people often don't know what they're doing when it comes to the visas and plenty of butts have been saved by asking here even after the fact.
Because at least one guy who posted here like you was a US citizen and didn't even know it until he started answering the probing questions here.
Because we're not obligated to do anything and if everyone is asking you, don't you think there might be a damn good reason?
Oh also because if people *have* figured a way into one of the more difficult countries to migrate to, they usually like to crow about it unless they're doing something illegal.
Well put!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Right now it just sounds like you're taking the piss.
That's because he IS taking the piss.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

I don't care if he has a visa or not.

If he has a US passport then cool for him

If he is giving $5000 to ******** then he'll look like a twat......

But at the end of the day I don't care either way

why is 'visa plus' filtered???

Last edited by Manc; Feb 17th 2009 at 7:59 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Because we are all on this forum to help each other achieve our dreams... and if we can help by sharing generic info about how one has achieved it, then thats for the good of all.

So please - do outline generically which visa route you went, if its the EB 5 the fair enough, don't expect you to go into great detail, but it would'nt hurt just to say what type of visa.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:32 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by shelley748
Because we are all on this forum to help each other achieve our dreams... and if we can help by sharing generic info about how one has achieved it, then thats for the good of all.

So please - do outline generically which visa route you went, if its the EB 5 the fair enough, don't expect you to go into great detail, but it would'nt hurt just to say what type of visa.
I'm not on this forum to help anyone.
I'm here because it is a laugh and some good mates post here.

I do get peeved when people ask for help presuming we are all sat at our keyboard with a mandate to assist their every whim.

This is Britishexpats.com

not Wannabeabritishexpat.com
not Mightbeanexpat.com
not EnglandiscrapsocanImovetoFlorida.com

I'm far more likely to help someone in West Virginia who is looking for a Pot Noodle than some knobhead who woke up this morning and thought 'I want to move to America'
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

don't mean to be cagey about it, i just don't wish to discuss the the visa's or route we went to obtain them in a public forum, i don't see any benefit to anyone in doing that
But you *are* being cagey about it!

Why should we waste time posting reams of information if you're not eligible to work in the USA?
Answering the visa question would mean that people might be more willing to exchange information with you.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:38 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

I'm not on this forum to help anyone.
I'm here because it is a laugh and some good mates post here.

I do get peeved when people ask for help presuming we are all sat at our keyboard with a mandate to assist their every whim.

This is Britishexpats.com

not Wannabeabritishexpat.com
not Mightbeanexpat.com
not EnglandiscrapsocanImovetoFlorida.com

I'm far more likely to help someone in West Virginia who is looking for a Pot Noodle than some knobhead who woke up this morning and thought 'I want to move to America'
What flavour?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:40 pm
@matthewb76

Chicken and Mushroom
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:42 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

Chicken and Mushroom
Now I'm interested.

You don't by chance know where I could lay my hands on a Bombay Bad Boy though? (Unlike some, I like to live dangerously).
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:43 pm
@matthewb76

Tesco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.