Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

looking to get out of the uk

looking to get out of the uk

Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking to get out of the uk

Originally Posted by kevindj
something along those lines, but lets just say i have already been on to that side of it and it isn't going to be a problem, my main concern is not getting robbed or shot on my way to the local shop
Maybe you're best to stay in Cardiff, then.

If you make it to the States, you may want to leave that sense of humour behind ...

So what's the big secret about your visa? It's not one of those BS visas, is it?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

kevindj has a spectacular aura aboutkevindj has a spectacular aura aboutkevindj has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dunroving
Maybe you're best to stay in Cardiff, then.

If you make it to the States, you may want to leave that sense of humour behind ...

So what's the big secret about your visa? It's not one of those BS visas, is it?

would that be the same sense of humour that the scottish rugby team have left behind them?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

What visa do you intend to apply for?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

the visa is not an issue we have a clear path to that sorted.
Unless you have the visa in your non US passport/greencard/US passport then it's far from sorted no matter what you think or have been told. Even with the first 2 there is no cast iron guarantee that you will be let into the country.

Just based on what you've posted so far I think if you do manage to move here you will be in for a rude awakening about what US life really is compared to what you think it is.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

kevindj has a spectacular aura aboutkevindj has a spectacular aura aboutkevindj has a spectacular aura about

why everyone is so concerned about the visas we have is beyond me! thanks for all your concern but i got it sorted, i have no need to discuss the how where's and when's of our visa's and permits, all i wanted to know was what the areas were like so far only 1 person has managed to answer without questioning visa's
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

I think people are just being curious as to what visa you're so certain you can get. Generally when it comes to the USCIS, one has to cross one's fingers and hope for the best, and certainty is something that can be in short supply.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

why everyone is so concerned about the visas we have is beyond me! thanks for all your concern but i got it sorted, i have no need to discuss the how where's and when's of our visa's and permits, all i wanted to know was what the areas were like so far only 1 person has managed to answer without questioning visa's
We get dozens of new posters asking the same sort of questions as you...most haven't got a cat in hell's chance of coming to the US to live and work.

It is very strange to be so cagey about the visa. You are asking for our help but refuse to answer a simple question about your visa.

Maybe you think because your work is internet based you can come to the US and stay without a visa...

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 17th 2009 at 7:09 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:03 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
and where the hell have you been?
In a stupor. Going places; seeing and doing things so you don't have to.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

me and the wife are looking to get out of the uk,we are in our early 30's and have a 4 year old daughter, the places that have been put to me are:

brownsville, texas
lousiville, kentucky
tulsa ,oklahoma
augusta ,georgia

now if anyone has any advice on any of these places that would be great, we currently live in cardiff in the uk so we are looking for a low crime area, the last thing i need right now is to move somewhere where i'm gonna have to watch someone with a gun slay my family in front of me, my wife is a hairdresser and my work is internet based so i don't think we would have any problems with work, i have been looking at property in tulsa and it looks good so we may travel there next month to have a proper look.

the property there is so much better that here and want to find out more about the lifestyle our current 3 bed semi is going up for £200,000 so we'd be looking at property around $200-250,000 usd

Brownsville is a great place to live! And you could buy a palace for that kind of money down there! Although I don't know why, because everybody wants to move to Brownsville because it's so great.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

would that be the same sense of humour that the scottish rugby team have left behind them?
I don't watch the Scottish rugby team (not being Scottish), so I wouldn't know.

I do know enough not to crack jokes about being knifed in Easterhouse or being mugged by a drunk from Govan (i.e., being a guest in the country, I know better than to generalize about the people who live here).

Having lived in the US for several years, I'm just giving you some friendly advice they may not "get" your sense of humor about American crime.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

don't mean to be cagey about it, i just don't wish to discuss the the visa's or route we went to obtain them in a public forum, i don't see any benefit to anyone in doing that

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us are just interested in the visa aspect of it, just curious. The more you don't say what visa you have, the more we become curious.

Rene
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

The reason is there are many people who come here saying they want to move to the US and ask various questions such as yourself, but they do not realise that it is really hard to get a visa to live and work here unless you are getting one based on family.

The fact you are being so secretive of which visa you are getting is making people suspicious that you are lying.

How about answering why are you choosing those places? What is your motivation for leaving the UK? What are you after so that people can give you more information?

Not being shot is not really helpful as to where you want to live, as I am sure we could come up with quite a few places that you will PROBABLY not be shot.

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

don't mean to be cagey about it, i just don't wish to discuss the the visa's or route we went to obtain them in a public forum, i don't see any benefit to anyone in doing that
It could be beneficial for someone else reading this who is wondering how to go about getting a visa to the USA.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:10 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Cagey about the Visa... Questions about Brownsville.... Are you planning a trip to Mexico in the near future?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.