Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Looking for a "GB" sticker

Looking for a "GB" sticker

Old Jun 30th 2003, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

We have a GB sticker on our Jeep ..... unfortunately the natives think it means Green Bay :\
All the more reason to have a cross of St George on my van

Jan
Old Jun 30th 2003, 1:24 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah good point.
I'll def order a St George's flag plate.

There are many Union Jacks here, but I want to show my support for the England team !
(Cricket team at the moment, football when the season gets going again.)
Old Jun 30th 2003, 3:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by afosuk
.... football when the season gets going again.
I thought that it ran 12 months of the year. At least it seemed to when I lived in the UK!
Old Jun 30th 2003, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

julieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jan_michigan
We have a GB sticker on our Jeep ..... unfortunately the natives think it means Green Bay :\
All the more reason to have a cross of St George on my van

Jan
Wellll...number plate WAN_KER....any good??
Problem for me having St George cross here in FL is that the state flag looks similar...they would just think I missed the picture from the middle.
I have GB sticker so nnnneeerrr!
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:37 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I have GB sticker so nnnneeerrr!
...Which brings me back to the subject of the post - Where did you get it from ?
Did you buy it from Halfords or somewhere before you left the UK ?
Old Jun 30th 2003, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

...Which brings me back to the subject of the post - Where did you get it from ?
Did you buy it from Halfords or somewhere before you left the UK ?

Yes sorry...was a car parts place in UK...I am going there next week...will bring you one if you would like?

Julie
Old Jun 30th 2003, 5:29 pm

Julie that would be wonderful, thank you very much !

Email me via this forum when you get back and I'll give you my details and we can discuss payment.

Grahame

Can you add pics to a post on this forum ?
I think you can - I'll post a pic once I've put it on the car.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Julie that would be wonderful, thank you very much !

Email me via this forum when you get back and I'll give you my details and we can discuss payment.

Grahame

Can you add pics to a post on this forum ?
I think you can - I'll post a pic once I've put it on the car.
Okie Dokie...No problem we have to do what we can to help each other with these things.
Julie
Old Jul 1st 2003, 1:41 am
Just Joined

bridget98usa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
Because Target is the posher version of Walmart everyone we know (except my next door neighbours) calls it Tarjay (french prenunciation of Target).

Does anyone else do this or is it just the SE corner of NC

Patrick

Yes, I came across Tarjay in Colorado and now in Southern California!
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 4:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Not so sure you could get away with it -
****, **** off, *******.
(Father Ted)
This amused me so i checked out availability of Queensland personal plates (where I am) and find that the following is still available for about AU$2000
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a "GB" sticker-plate32212.gif  
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 10:09 pm

..using the Acme License Plate Maker ==>

(I should use this as an Avatar)
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a "GB" sticker-smeghed.jpg  
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 10:13 pm

Just had an idea - lets have a competition to see who can come up with the most original or just a funny plate.

Winner gets the rounds in at the nearest Irish bar.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:43 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Because Target is the posher version of Walmart everyone we know (except my next door neighbours) calls it Tarjay (french prenunciation of Target).

Does anyone else do this or is it just the SE corner of NC

Patrick
Yes! We do this in Connecticut. I had no idea other people called it that too.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:17 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Yes! We do this in Connecticut. I had no idea other people called it that too.
It's a mystery to me. I have been watching motor racing for years in the UK (American TV coverage) and now in the US and one of the top teams, CART, NASCAR, and now IRL is Target [English pronunciation] Chip Ganassi, so I can't see where the "Tarjay" comes from.

In any case I don't know/ have never met (NY, VA, and NC) anyone who calls it Tarjay.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bridget98usa
Yes, I came across Tarjay in Colorado and now in Southern California!
We have French Target here in MD as well, but im a Walmart sort of guy myself.

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.