Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Looking for friends in Santa Barbara or Ventura County

Looking for friends in Santa Barbara or Ventura County

Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:08 am
Just Joined

cam54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for friends in Santa Barbara or Ventura County

Hi I moved here 2 years ago on a fiancé visa, I'm 26 and just can't seem to find any decent friendships, I don't know if it's that I can't really identify with California girls or that I'm not suited to having to actively make friends rather than it being a natural thing that happened like back home. I am a shy person generally but I had a really great group of friends back home and am a fan of doing things in small groups. Anyone in the area??
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for friends in Santa Barbara or Ventura County

Hello and welcome to the forum

I've shifted your topic from the Welcome Inn into the US section of the forum. You'll be more likely to find California residents in here rather than the Welcome Inn (which is global).
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you look at the meet-ups forum on the US site and see if there is a group meeting in your area for you to attend.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond repute

Try meetup.com for interest-based groups. You should be able to find a ton of stuff in your area.

What are your interests?

When I moved here (aged 31) I found that it was so much easier to meet people here than in the UK. Almost anyone will chat with you - in coffee bars, restaurants, checkout lines etc... You just have to say hello. The fact that you have an accent just makes it easy for them to start talking to you. Even just talking about the weather will get you started!

You can always try internet dating sites - I believe OKcupid has a friends-only aspect.

HTH!
Chris