Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Looking for Discovery Sauces

Looking for Discovery Sauces

Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: NY for now.. in three year's time perhaps back to London!!!
Nylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really nice
Question Looking for Discovery Sauces

Well I got my wish of moving back to my homeland and now I'm missing lots of stuff from over-the-pond especially the Discovery Sauces along with Marks & Spencers, Waitrose to name a few. I used the Discovery Sauces a lot for our dinners since it is just me and my husband. It gave me a head start with dinner then I just doctored up the sauces w/my own special ingredients. I thought for sure I would find my sauces here in NY --- NOPE! Not a chance. Everything is from scratch here. I hate it!! This coming from an American gal who was born and raised here!! It's so time consuming to prepare everything. Don't even get me started with all the great ready made FRESH meals from Marks & Spenecers. What a snap it was to prepare dinner back then for two. I had it easy for four years.. Now I'm paying the piper for my wishes.

So here's my question. What are the best online expat food sites? I have found quite a bit but none that carry Discovery Sauces only Knorrs (which is not a bad thing either) I could live with that. I also have found quite a bit of English stuff at Stop N Shop (marmite, mcvities, heinz beans, HP, etc.) so there is a ;pt that I can get to remind us of London. But I NEED those Discovery Sauces and can't find them. It just makes life so much more easier especially with a newborn now Any recommendation would be great. Other than moving back to the UK which is not in the cards at this time. Definitely in about three years time -- that's for sure!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Discovery Sauces

Originally Posted by Nylon
Well I got my wish of moving back to my homeland and now I'm missing lots of stuff from over-the-pond especially the Discovery Sauces along with Marks & Spencers, Waitrose to name a few. I used the Discovery Sauces a lot for our dinners since it is just me and my husband. It gave me a head start with dinner then I just doctored up the sauces w/my own special ingredients. I thought for sure I would find my sauces here in NY --- NOPE! Not a chance. Everything is from scratch here. I hate it!! This coming from an American gal who was born and raised here!! It's so time consuming to prepare everything. Don't even get me started with all the great ready made FRESH meals from Marks & Spenecers. What a snap it was to prepare dinner back then for two. I had it easy for four years.. Now I'm paying the piper for my wishes.

So here's my question. What are the best online expat food sites? I have found quite a bit but none that carry Discovery Sauces only Knorrs (which is not a bad thing either) I could live with that. I also have found quite a bit of English stuff at Stop N Shop (marmite, mcvities, heinz beans, HP, etc.) so there is a ;pt that I can get to remind us of London. But I NEED those Discovery Sauces and can't find them. It just makes life so much more easier especially with a newborn now Any recommendation would be great. Other than moving back to the UK which is not in the cards at this time. Definitely in about three years time -- that's for sure!!
buybritish.net is one I've used and they were very good, never heard of Discovery sauces though, not even back in the UK..
What kind of sauce is it?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.britishsupermarketworldwide.com/ They deliver all over from the UK...so might have luck there?

http://www.britishdelights.com/ That's a great place, well it's in Mass, so postage for us isn't to bad and used them a couple times...

http://www.buybritish.net/store/customer/home.php
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
buybritish.net is one I've used and they were very good, never heard of Discovery sauces though, not even back in the UK..
What kind of sauce is it?
I was kind of wondering too. I was thinking of Homepride....but that stuff is disgusting tasting.

Actually I just Googled....this is Discovery Foods:

http://www.discoveryfoods.co.uk/products/sauces.asp
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I was kind of wondering too. I was thinking of Homepride....but that stuff is disgusting tasting.

Actually I just Googled....this is Discovery Foods:

http://www.discoveryfoods.co.uk/products/sauces.asp
ahhh, I remember now, used to use their fajita seasoning, must be something similar though here, our supermarket is full of them..

the first site that Bob has posted though stocks them so happy cooking Nylon..
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Location: NY for now.. in three year's time perhaps back to London!!!
Nylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really niceNylon is just really nice

Aaaah found a site that carries them and themsome.. The owner of the site even said if there were some sauces not on the site she would be more than happy to get them for us

Has anyone use them before? http://www.directfrombritain.com/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d21.html

"Thanks for your email.
Expanding the 'Discovery' range we offer is no problem at all. This is actually one of the areas we are planning to increase.

We will be offering the following Discovery cooking sauces & accompaniments:

These lines will be added to our website in the next few days. If any are of particular interest, please let me know & I will arrange for them to be added ASAP.

Thanks for contacting us.

Kind regards

Nicky Williams
DIRECT FROM BRITAIN"
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh, I remember now, used to use their fajita seasoning, must be something similar though here, our supermarket is full of them..

the first site that Bob has posted though stocks them so happy cooking Nylon.. :
The British store I use to get the discovery stuff is called Mum She apparently gets the weirdest looks from the customs people when she tells them she is bringing Fajita seasoning to Texas but I really haven't found one that I like quite as much so I have a constant supply as every relative who comes here has to bring fajita seasoning with them
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

the first site that Bob has posted though stocks them so happy cooking Nylon..

I used the Discovery Fajita seasoning mix in the UK. Since coming here, I've tried every type of fajita seasoning sold and none of them even begin to taste like the Discovery seasoning sold in the UK.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
I used the Discovery Fajita seasoning mix in the UK. Since coming here, I've tried every type of fajita seasoning sold and none of them even begin to taste like the Discovery seasoning sold in the UK.
I've still got quite a few packets in the cupboard, I can post you a couple if you like. I'm going to the UK in a few weeks anyway so can re-stock then