Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Looking for brits that have started a business in U.S

Looking for brits that have started a business in U.S

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 4:30 pm

MissLMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for brits that have started a business in U.S

Hi i would like to get in contact with British people that have started a business in the U.S as i need some help. Please contact me, if you can help! XXXX
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for brits that have started a business in U.S

Originally Posted by MissLMC
Hi i would like to get in contact with British people that have started a business in the U.S as i need some help. Please contact me, if you can help! XXXX
That would run into many thousands ..in E-2 visas alone ...can you narrow the info required down a bit.......
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
That would run into many thousands ..in E-2 visas alone ...can you narrow the info required down a bit.......
Quite. Wouldn't it be useful to know what her objectives are.

Not to mention her (visa) status...
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:04 am

Hi sorry, I am a journalist that would like to get in touch with Brits that have started a business in America, just to ask a few questions for a feature that i am doing, if you can help... please do!! XX
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 11:58 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Looking for brits that have started a business in U.S

Hi sorry, I am a journalist that would like to get in touch with Brits that have started a business in America, just to ask a few questions for a feature that i am doing, if you can help... please do!! XX

It doesn't seem to be a very professional way to go about it.....wonder what kind of publications you're writing for?

Has it not occurred to you to contact one of the British Consulates in the USA? They have links with the British American Business Council:

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/i...sp?i=41005&d=6
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 1:03 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way, I can assure you that I write for a perfectly legitimate publication. I wouldn't have thought that the consulates would be in a position to hand out personal names and contact information for possible case-studies? It doesn't matter if you can't help i am just looking for some real stories of Brits that have successfully started their own business in U.S, as an inspiration for people thinking of doing the same thing! XX
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 1:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please add your request in our Media Announcements and Requests forum.

Sue
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 1:09 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Englishmum is quite right to point out that you're not being professional. Your initial question makes no reference to being a journalist, and in your latest posts you're still too vague to be taken seriously.

There is a pre-moderated section of these very forums specifically intended for "Media Announcements & Requests. Contact the forum's Administrators and then post your questions there.

You could also try doing just a little research and find out what visas allow Brits to start a business in the US, and then ask a more targeted question in the US Visas forum.

EDIT: Sue beat me to it

Last edited by dbj1000; Jan 3rd 2007 at 1:12 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:13 pm

SORRY!! it's in the media forum now!! XXX
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:14 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

...Brits that have successfully started their own business in U.S, as an inspiration for people thinking of doing the same thing! XX
Also known as a glossy marketing piece to support the advertisers which is big on the glamour but economical on the facts, maybe?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Also known as a glossy marketing piece to support the advertisers which is big on the glamour but economical on the facts, maybe?
how would it support the advertisers and not the readership? If i didn't want to know the facts then I wouldn't have bothered trying to contact people! XXX
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

how would it support the advertisers and not the readership? If i didn't want to know the facts then I wouldn't have bothered trying to contact people! XXX
We've all read the unrealistic drivel before!

So come on! We'll educate ya!

What visa is commonly used by Brits to set up a small business in the US?
What are its drawbacks?

Last edited by fatbrit; Jan 3rd 2007 at 2:29 pm. Reason: Grammar before my java
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:32 pm

Are you asking me or telling me? Anyway, i'm more interested in the reasons behind the moves...if you want to help contact me on the media forum! if not, happy new year! XXXXX
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:37 pm
Septicity

Are you asking me or telling me? Anyway, i'm more interested in the reasons behind the moves...if you want to help contact me on the media forum! if not, happy new year! XXXXX
I'm suggesting you do your homework first. You obviously have no interest in doing this.

Alll Blighty needs is another piece on emigrating containing absolutely no facts.

Think we can add journalists to the list, folks. Now runs: realtor, car salesman, lawyer and freakin' journalists.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'm suggesting you do your homework first. You obviously have no interest in doing this.

Alll Blighty needs is another piece on emigrating containing absolutely no facts.

Think we can add journalists to the list, folks. Now runs: realtor, car salesman, lawyer and freakin' journalists.
I'm just thrilled that the US isn't the only place with crap journalists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.