Reload this Page >

longterm renting

longterm renting

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

jimcheal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default longterm renting

Hi Guy's
Moving to Florida this year on the old e2visa.
I can't seem to find much information about longterm renting.
We were debating renting v buying. We will be moving to the Gulf coast, just south of Sarasota. Anyone doing that at the moment or know anybody doing it. Renting I mean

Jim
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:38 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: longterm renting

Originally posted by jimcheal
Hi Guy's
We were debating renting v buying. We will be moving to the Gulf coast, just south of Sarasota. Anyone doing that at the moment or know anybody doing it. Renting I mean

Jim
What town/city ?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

sorry,
Venice is the ideal area, but anywhere within a 20 mile eitherway
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:22 pm

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

sorry,
Venice is the ideal area, but anywhere within a 20 mile eitherway
If you are moving to the US, any state, for the 1st time I recommend renting for the 1st year. That's how you will get to learn the area, find where the nice housing is, where your peer group live. If you buy and then don't like the neighbourhood it is much more complicated. If you lease/rent you can up-sticks easily.

We lived in a leased apartment for almost a year before we bought. Actually broke the lease by a couple of months to jump on the cheap mortgage bandwagon. Our house is fabulous but we wouldn't have found it in a quick desperate look.

Venice is a nice area, close enough to Tampa yet far enough away. Good road system. Not yet overdeveloped. Nice beach.

I'll ask my Pet Realtor if she can recommend anyone up there.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic, thats what I love about this forum.
We thought it would be the best thing to rent for the very reasons you suggest. Yes would love some advice from your pet.

Jim
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Hi Guy's

Jim

Here's a link that I think is excellent - OH how would I spend my evenings without realtor.com!!!!!

http://www.rentnet.com/apartments/home.jhtml?lnksrc=ts5
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Hi Guy's

Jim

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of finding the right habitat, may I suggest: www.city-data.com an EXCELLENT resource to find stats, school info and LOADS more. A godsend.... also, another way of finding info on areas is by lookeing on this link.....
http://www.homestore.com/NewHomes/de...or&poe=realtor If you search Florida, you can see communities that are being developed - it will give you a good idea of what to expect from one town to the next.

Good luck and happy neighbourhood shopping!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:45 pm

Originally posted by TRPardoe
If you are moving to the US, any state, for the 1st time I recommend renting for the 1st year. That's how you will get to learn the area, find where the nice housing is, where your peer group live. If you buy and then don't like the neighbourhood it is much more complicated. If you lease/rent you can up-sticks easily.

We lived in a leased apartment for almost a year before we bought. Actually broke the lease by a couple of months to jump on the cheap mortgage bandwagon. Our house is fabulous but we wouldn't have found it in a quick desperate look.

Venice is a nice area, close enough to Tampa yet far enough away. Good road system. Not yet overdeveloped. Nice beach.

I'll ask my Pet Realtor if she can recommend anyone up there.
Do you SCUBA dive ? Venice is famous for it's fossil shark teeth. They wash up on the beach but people dive for them offshore.

http://www.venice-fla.com/realest.htm

http://www.floridawestscuba.com/
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

whoooow!!! LUV IT.... Keep it coming....