Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Longing for toad in the hole!

Wikiposts

Longing for toad in the hole!

Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:38 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future
Default Re: Longing for toad in the hole!

Still looking for pork sausage, but I'm considering all alternative advice. Never thought of making my own, but the recipe supplied by Emm sounds easy enough! Visited a pub in Savannah this weekend that did fab fish & chips (proper cod) and bangers & mash...unfortunately they wouldn't sell their sausages wholesale...
Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:42 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvjenno
Still looking for pork sausage, but I'm considering all alternative advice. Never thought of making my own, but the recipe supplied by Emm sounds easy enough! Visited a pub in Savannah this weekend that did fab fish & chips (proper cod) and bangers & mash...unfortunately they wouldn't sell their sausages wholesale...
If the pub didn't make the sausages in house, perhaps you could ask them the supplier's name?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 17th 2005, 2:11 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
tell me about it, but when there $2.19 a can.... :scared:
$2.19 - chuffin eck Guess gas aint the only thing thats cheap in TX (back below $2.00 now - just..) Heinz BB are $1.09 down our way....and they seem to have a regular supply now - used to be I stocked up whenever I saw them, but given up now cos they always seem to have them...in the ethnic foods aisle of course

Got to give that britishbacon website a try...just got to work out how to explain to Mrs Yorkie to expect 10lbs of bacon arriving on the doorstep....
Old Apr 17th 2005, 2:14 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
$2.19 - chuffin eck Guess gas aint the only thing thats cheap in TX (back below $2.00 now - just..) Heinz BB are $1.09 down our way....and they seem to have a regular supply now - used to be I stocked up whenever I saw them, but given up now cos they always seem to have them...in the ethnic foods aisle of course

Got to give that britishbacon website a try...just got to work out how to explain to Mrs Yorkie to expect 10lbs of bacon arriving on the doorstep....
All the fresh meat products at Williams are frozen anyway. I know because I was taken to their freezer room (I bought a lot of stuff). The bacon certainly freezes well.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
All the fresh meat products at Williams are frozen anyway. I know because I was taken to their freezer room (I bought a lot of stuff). The bacon certainly freezes well.

NC Penguin
but theyre not frozen once u cook them,hehe
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:15 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic, but only slightly.....anyone have any idea how long a frozen turkey will last? I just had a root thru our chest freezer to see if I could find space for 10lbs of bacon and a couple of legs of pork and found a turkey at the bottom under all the chicken nuggets and waffles. I've never bought a frozen turkey, so can only assume it was one of the freebies given away in Randalls if you spent over $50 at Thanksgiving...but we didn't do it last year, so it must have been 2003......cook it or bin it?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:05 am
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

2003? Bin it!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:21 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Slightly off topic, but only slightly.....anyone have any idea how long a frozen turkey will last? I just had a root thru our chest freezer to see if I could find space for 10lbs of bacon and a couple of legs of pork and found a turkey at the bottom under all the chicken nuggets and waffles. I've never bought a frozen turkey, so can only assume it was one of the freebies given away in Randalls if you spent over $50 at Thanksgiving...but we didn't do it last year, so it must have been 2003......cook it or bin it?
If it's over a year old, I'd bin it too. Might be helpful to make a list of the contents of the chest freezer and add and delete items as things get consumed and put in it.

Just stick the list on or very close to the chest freezer...

NC Penguin
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:57 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
If it's over a year old, I'd bin it too. Might be helpful to make a list of the contents of the chest freezer and add and delete items as things get consumed and put in it.

Just stick the list on or very close to the chest freezer...

NC Penguin
Why???? (got a migraine coming on just reading this post!!

I seriously don't know a single person here with a chest freezer!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:49 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by izibear
<<snip>>

For those with big families, membership with shopping clubs or hunters, a chest freezer is really handy.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:53 am

I never thought I'd have one either, but we had a $100 gift card for the local electrical store that was about to expire, couldn't think of anything we really needed. The freezer was $110, and the local store were giving away turkeys.....so it cost us 10 bucks plus power to get a free turkey to throw in the bin a year and a bit later. Awesome deal
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

be surprised, loads of people have them here, mostly for stocking up when there's a good deal at sam's club, or when family nail a big deer or somin'..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

I have a chest freezer
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:01 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
I have a chest freezer
i have one to..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:24 am

Thank the big fella for that - I was starting to feel like a weirdo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.