Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Long shot request to anyone in Syracuse

Long shot request to anyone in Syracuse

Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long shot request to anyone in Syracuse

For those that looked at Rose's blog before I just thought I'd pass this on. Recently Rose's father passed away and in cleaning out his apartment she found many old photos and has since worked out who a lot of the people were and uncovered a family murder mystery! This is about where the story starts, in between are her usual entries about kit homes. When you follow it until today you find she has unearthed family history, many kit homes and a town full of wonderful people!
http://www.searshomes.org/index.php/2011/06/
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:25 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
For those that looked at Rose's blog before I just thought I'd pass this on. Recently Rose's father passed away and in cleaning out his apartment she found many old photos and has since worked out who a lot of the people were and uncovered a family murder mystery! This is about where the story starts, in between are her usual entries about kit homes. When you follow it until today you find she has unearthed family history, many kit homes and a town full of wonderful people!
http://www.searshomes.org/index.php/2011/06/
Those posts are absolutely fascinating. Thanks. Beautiful old photographs..
Old Jul 15th 2011, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Those posts are absolutely fascinating. Thanks. Beautiful old photographs..
If you go back to right after her father passed away she talks of how he has a twin and they grew up in Santa Monica, they were called the Muscle Twins when they went and worked out at the beach. Part of the beginning of Muscle Beach. I can't wait to see if she finds out more about the family in September.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Just thought I'd update this with the news that tonight Rose is staying in the Fargo Mansion in which she believes her great aunt was murdered. She has found lots of new information on the mystery.

http://www.searshomes.org/index.php/...rgo-1872-1901/
Old Sep 9th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me again, this should be a link to a video of a talk Rose gave in Lake Mills about the death/murder of Addie.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17144200
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't believe anyone has updated the blog that started this thread but mention had been made on the blog that the family suspected that Addie had been murdered.

It seems that the grave was exhumed yesterday and Addie's remains will be autopsied.

http://www.searshomes.org/index.php/blog/
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:54 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I live 28 miles from that house.

I can go take a look if you want?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Don't believe anyone has updated the blog that started this thread but mention had been made on the blog that the family suspected that Addie had been murdered.

It seems that the grave was exhumed yesterday and Addie's remains will be autopsied.

Thanks for the update!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I live 28 miles from that house.

I can go take a look if you want?
Rose has pictures of the house and has spoken to the owners. Thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by Rete

As of last night the details were posted elsewhere and Rose didn't want it shared with everyone yet, she has received a lot of hate mail about this. I have a list of links which I might post here which tell the story from beginning until now, it is hard to navigate the blog to do that if you are just starting to read about this. Maybe it should have a new thread, do you think?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know the story but a simple google of "Addie Hoyt Fargo" brings up many links and the facebook page as well. From the happenings and discoveries at the gravesite, it is looking more and more like foul play was involved.

I hate haters

Originally Posted by bevinva
Rose has pictures of the house and has spoken to the owners. Thanks anyway.

As of last night the details were posted elsewhere and Rose didn't want it shared with everyone yet, she has received a lot of hate mail about this. I have a list of links which I might post here which tell the story from beginning until now, it is hard to navigate the blog to do that if you are just starting to read about this. Maybe it should have a new thread, do you think?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

I put a thread in the lounge with all the links in order.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737890
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Article about the exhumation from a newspaper.
http://dailyunion.com/Main.asp?Secti...ArticleID=9969
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rose made a comment on The Daily Union facebook page that 90% of the skeletal remains were recovered.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/r...134439293.html

Big newspaper article today, hoping it will lead to more information. There is a link to Rose's blog which has updates too.

You have to read the comments on the article, someone from Dr. Oatway's family has left a comment saying he did confess to falsifying the death certificate!!!!

Last edited by bevinva; Nov 25th 2011 at 1:41 am.