Lonely

Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:32 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lonely

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Do you hire those retired people for Costco demos?
No those folk just hand out food samples, I mainly use students and housewifes, the problem with the Costco ladies is that they sample so many foods that they don't have enough product knowledge and I like my guys to know ingredients, history of the company etc etc......its a great little part time job for mums and students they get to work around their own schedule...PLUS mine don't wear those awful whites and hair nets they have jeans and baseball caps or black pants
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to all

No I was perfectly healthy when I came here. This happened 16 months ago. Yes I thought I would see my family often. Due to economy my husbands income dropped by 65%. He also has 6 kids here and has child support for the next 13 years.He lost everything in his divorce and I sold my house in the UK but had to use all my money to help support us. Going back to the Uk maybe become a necessity for me, but I may have to go alone. He has huge tax debts and we have no where to live there. With no money,savings or anyhting it would be very difficult. Both our credit is awful now. I really dont know what to do. How would he be able to live there if I cannot be his sponser? Any advice would be great.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:20 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callowman
its completely different here
I been here 20 years, have been wanting to go home the past 10 of them

its just not like home, no pubs, no neighbours that know each other

its just work, work, work , go home shut your door , dont come out.

think I finally got my US wife to agree to move over :-)
Let me know what trick worked on the US wife...I think mine would rather off herself than move back to britland...
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:24 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellie-May
No I was perfectly healthy when I came here. This happened 16 months ago. Yes I thought I would see my family often. Due to economy my husbands income dropped by 65%. He also has 6 kids here and has child support for the next 13 years.He lost everything in his divorce and I sold my house in the UK but had to use all my money to help support us. Going back to the Uk maybe become a necessity for me, but I may have to go alone. He has huge tax debts and we have no where to live there. With no money,savings or anyhting it would be very difficult. Both our credit is awful now. I really dont know what to do. How would he be able to live there if I cannot be his sponser? Any advice would be great.
Jimmminy Christmas...you do have a lot on your plate...however...if you can...

Always look on the bright side of life...

Money isnt everything...although it does sound like you took an awful lot on...

You will have to sit down and start some pro and con lists...

In the meantime...get on the computer and put the beeb radio on and have a nice cuppa while your thinking...and if you dont have any tea...let us know the rough area you are in and we will point you in the right direction for some home comforts...

Good luck and chin up..

Do you have a credit card? Buy a plane ticket and go...

Last edited by SDDep; Jul 16th 2010 at 12:38 am.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:43 am
Not around much..

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
hello
i heard about what seems an interesting national group - Daughters of British Empire
they are a national group - all across USA and everyone is either a brit living in states or had someone in their family - aunt- grandma etc who used to be.http://www.dbesociety.org/ I think they meet monthly and i think its a good way of meeting people.
good luck!
Hold on one cotton pickin minute...is this a sexist group? where are the blinkin sons of the british empire?? Im looking into this immediately
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Ellie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to allEllie-May is a name known to all

Thanks A cuppa is about the only luxury I do have. lol If only I had a credit card that wasn't maxed out. I even have them on my case because I can't pay anything When I left the Uk I had a normal life, nothing has been normal since I came here. What I would just to feel safe in my rented house without threast of eviction which I have had today and not worry about if I have money for food next week I am so sorry to rant on about my problems but I am at the end of my tether and desperate. Does anyone have any advice about what I should do if I manage to get back to the UK and have no where to live or stay for that matter and not a penny to my name. I came here with everything, savings etc and now I have absolutely nothing, Not even enough to renew my passport. I was hoping to get that done this week but looks like it will have to wait a few months
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
Hold on one cotton pickin minute...is this a sexist group? where are the blinkin sons of the british empire?? Im looking into this immediately
I have had personal experience with this group (in Texas) The ones I actually met, were big snobs and apparently I wasn't a big enough snob to get membership!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I have had personal experience with this group (in Texas) The ones I actually met, were big snobs and apparently I wasn't a big enough snob to get membership!
I've heard they're like that - the name says it all
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yep...they were all (except 1) old age pensioners too...reminded me of 'the red hat society' I looked into at one time too.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Sounds like tweed twin sets, pearls and jolly hockey sticks, OP it might be worth going for a giggle!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by traceym
Sounds like tweed twin sets, pearls and jolly hockey sticks, OP it might be worth going for a giggle!
and purple rinses!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
Yes she should go and report back to us!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:41 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Englishtart

And there I was thinking you were quite the snob already..
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellie-May
Does anyone have any advice about what I should do if I manage to get back to the UK and have no where to live or stay for that matter and not a penny to my name.
First up, my sympathy for such an awful situation - I can see it must be utterly overwhelming. There's not really any 'fix' I can offer, but I strongly encourage you to try to break it down into more manageable pieces.

I would say your health is number one and it just does not seem in any way feasible to manage it in the US, so I will join the chorus of 'return to the UK.' This will need a passport, so if it will expire before you can make it back, then that is right at the top of the list. Once in the UK, you will need somewhere to live, food to eat and medical attention. Work on these first, specifically and in practical terms. When this is sorted, you can then start to worry about what to do next.

If you worry so much about the 'what next?' part, you will just end up frozen into inaction on all fronts, leaving you will be both miserable AND without life's necessities. Yes, it's a terrifying prospect, but 'what next?' is a difficult and nebulous question and you have specific, tangible needs that take priority.

Just one step at a time
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SDDep
And there I was thinking you were quite the snob already..
Oh I am!

I'm just not a 'pedigree' snob....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.