Reload this Page >

London, UK, Interview/Medical Q

London, UK, Interview/Medical Q

Old Mar 16th 2002, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London, UK, Interview/Medical Q

Hi all,

Well I have my interview in London on Thurday and I don't know where to go to first! On the letter the time for the interview has been blacked out and the time for the medical is 8am. No worries I just go to the medical at 8am right? But on reading the instructions sent with packet 4 it states that anyone with a surname begining with letters I through to Z should go to the interview first, then the medical!!! My surname begins with W!!!
Anyone know where I should go first, or anyone know a phone number for the embassy so I could ask them?
I don't really want to turn up at the wrong place and piss them off before I even start!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard
Old Mar 16th 2002, 7:05 pm
Denis Barlow

Default Re: London, UK, Interview/Medical Q

Hi Richard,

If I remember rightly when I did mine ALL the I-129 (Fiancé(e)) applicants had the
medical at 8 a.m. and it was the I-130 applicants that were split into two groups.

But then my surname begins with a B so I would have been in the right place anyway.

Good luck

Denis

"Richard1972" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Well I have my interview in London on Thurday and I don't know where to go to
    > first! On the letter the time for the interview has been blacked out and the time
    > for the medical is 8am. No worries I just go to the medical at 8am right? But on
    > reading the instructions sent with packet 4 it states that anyone with a surname
    > begining with letters I through to Z should go to the interview first, then the
    > medical!!! My surname begins with W!!! Anyone know where I should go first, or
    > anyone know a phone number for the embassy so I could ask them? I don't really want
    > to turn up at the wrong place and piss them off before I even start!
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > Richard
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 16th 2002, 8:05 pm
Cooks

In article <[email protected]>, Richard1972 says...

>Well I have my interview in London on Thurday and I don't know where to go to first!
    >On the letter the time for the interview has been blacked out and the time for the
    >medical is 8am. No worries I just go to the medical at 8am right? But on reading the
    >instructions sent with packet 4 it states that anyone with a surname begining with
    >letters I through to Z should go to the interview first, then the medical!!! My
    >surname begins with W!!! Anyone know where I should go first, or anyone know a phone
    >number for the embassy so I could ask them? I don't really want to turn up at the
    >wrong place and piss them off before I even start!

I was reading web pages today about uk interview experiences. On one of them, I read
that the poor sod went to the embassy first... as directed on the letter according to
initial of name.

It was wrong. When challenged, the person at the embassy said that the intial
pertains to the fiance who had petitioned. The K1-er then explained that his/her
partner's initial was in the same group. Then... the embassy offical just said...
"but that doen't apply to K1 visas".

I'm not sending you up... whoever was going for the interview turned up at the
doctor's late, making the return to the embassy for the interview almost too late to
be seen. She was seen (I'm sure it was a woman K1-er), and she got her visa.

from what I gather, London processes the K1 visa on the same day, and waits for the
medical info to come through. I'm sure you must go to the medical 1st. The info on
your letter regards other types of visas where the medical result isn't needed
there and then.

Unless you already have a number to call, try 0207 355 3335 between 2-4pm. (It says
tween 2 and 5, but don't fall for that one either.)

Good luck... and let us all know how you go on.

-cooks

Old Mar 16th 2002, 10:05 pm
Jan

hiya

When did you send pack 3 to london embassy pls ... cant see your timline on the group
thanks in advance Jan )

"Richard1972" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Well I have my interview in London on Thurday and I don't know where to go to
    > first! On the letter the time for the interview has been blacked out and the time
    > for the medical is 8am. No worries I just go to the medical at 8am right? But on
    > reading the instructions sent with packet 4 it states that anyone with a surname
    > begining with letters I through to Z should go to the interview first, then the
    > medical!!! My surname begins with W!!! Anyone know where I should go first, or
    > anyone know a phone number for the embassy so I could ask them? I don't really want
    > to turn up at the wrong place and piss them off before I even start!
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > Richard
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 17th 2002, 4:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Richard1972
Hi all,

Well I have my interview in London on Thurday and I don't know where to go to first! On the letter the time for the interview has been blacked out and the time for the medical is 8am. No worries I just go to the medical at 8am right? But on reading the instructions sent with packet 4 it states that anyone with a surname begining with letters I through to Z should go to the interview first, then the medical!!! My surname begins with W!!!
Anyone know where I should go first, or anyone know a phone number for the embassy so I could ask them?
I don't really want to turn up at the wrong place and piss them off before I even start!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard
I went through this last September (the 10th of all days, ... the next day I was wondering whether I was doing the right thing!) and the applicants ARE split into two groups, with half doing the medical first.

My guess would be that, as you have a specific time for the medical, you should go there first. Why not phone the surgery and check if they are expecting you, that you will avoid irritating the embassey staff, and may be able to get a straight forward answer?

Good luck.
Old Mar 17th 2002, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your answers guys, guess I will go to the medical first as the letter tells me to. As I have been training hard for the triathalon season this summer I am sure I can run to the interview in no time at all if I'm in the wrong place!!!!

Jan my timeline is as folllows:
1st NOA 20-Nov-2001
Sent packet 3 5-Dec-2001
2nd NOA 19-Feb-2002
Interview 21-Mar-2002
Old Mar 17th 2002, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

is your visa a spousal visa?
Old Mar 17th 2002, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

No its K1 visa.
Old Mar 19th 2002, 3:05 pm
Mit

Richard1972 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > No its K1 visa.

Hi Richard

I went for the medical first this morning and was correct in doing so. The medical
didn't take too long, we were out of there by 9:30. But while waiting for my
interview I noticed the display screen advising that all K-1'ers go for their medical
first before their interview. Hopefully this should help a bit and good luck. By the
way I got my visa.

Cheers Cubendri

Old Mar 20th 2002, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck Richard for Thursday!!!