Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London Supersale

London Supersale

Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:05 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb London Supersale

Just spotted deals to London including hotel stay at v. good prices; I guess you don't even need to stay at the hotels if you just want the cheap flight but there is an option to stay extra nights or extend the return date:

http://www.go-today.com/site_gtweb/v...From=2/15/2007
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: London Supersale

Originally Posted by Englishmum View Post
Just spotted deals to London including hotel stay at v. good prices; I guess you don't even need to stay at the hotels if you just want the cheap flight but there is an option to stay extra nights or extend the return date:

The cheapest (???) flight there is $529......I take it thats for the whole family.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:01 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum View Post

You may choose not to stay in the hotel but you certainly have to pay for the accommodation!

NC Penguin
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman View Post
The cheapest (???) flight there is $529......I take it thats for the whole family.

LOL Your whole family may be pushing it a bit.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
LOL Your whole family may be pushing it a bit.
I've NEVER paid over $400 for a ticket back.....I'll swim first.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:03 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman View Post
I've NEVER paid over $400 for a ticket back.....I'll swim first.
I was checking flights the other day and O'Hare to LHR is under $300 rtn in March with Air India direct or Air Lingus 1 stop in Ireland.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
I was checking flights the other day and O'Hare to LHR is under $300 rtn in March with Air India direct or Air Lingus 1 stop in Ireland.
Is that before or after taxes etc?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Always cheap from JFK in March too as I recall. I've always been tempted to go home via Iceland and have a night there and fly on again next day.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of

As an ex-travel agent, I can tell you that generally prices are cheaper in the winter, although they tend to go up when the kids are off school. I am stuck with having to go in the summer, the most expensive time.
Also, prices in the airline industry are much like anything else: Supply and demand. If they are selling tickets at the higher price and the planes are full they are not going to lower the price. Another trick they have is advertising a flight say from Jfk-Lhr for $200 RT. Well by law they have to actually have a fare that applies, but there are only usually about 5-6 seats on each flight that you can buy for that price and of course they are NEVER available on the day you want to go.
One trick I learnt is to start looking for fares directly after the most recent holiday.
I know you have to pay travel agents a fee these days, but if you are flexible and willing to stop over, their fees are well worth it. They have access to every flight and fare in the world on a CRS system and there are all kinds of tools to find the lowest fare within the perimeters. If you think about it, you have to pay the airline web site or Expedia a fee anyway, so why not give your local travel agent a try.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:19 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Is that before or after taxes etc?
It's after Tax's but to be honest I just did a search and only found $488?

That was with Expedia.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by UKgirl View Post
As an ex-travel agent, I can tell you that generally prices are cheaper in the winter, although they tend to go up when the kids are off school. I am stuck with having to go in the summer, the most expensive time.
Also, prices in the airline industry are much like anything else: Supply and demand. If they are selling tickets at the higher price and the planes are full they are not going to lower the price. Another trick they have is advertising a flight say from Jfk-Lhr for $200 RT. Well by law they have to actually have a fare that applies, but there are only usually about 5-6 seats on each flight that you can buy for that price and of course they are NEVER available on the day you want to go.
One trick I learnt is to start looking for fares directly after the most recent holiday.
I know you have to pay travel agents a fee these days, but if you are flexible and willing to stop over, their fees are well worth it. They have access to every flight and fare in the world on a CRS system and there are all kinds of tools to find the lowest fare within the perimeters. If you think about it, you have to pay the airline web site or Expedia a fee anyway, so why not give your local travel agent a try.
I always if flying International get the lowest quote possible then I call flightcenter.com and they will under cut any price on International only it's worth doing you can save a few bucks.