British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/london-nurse-wants-move-cali-802240/)

KeevaUK Jul 8th 2013 7:39 am

London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on the long winded process for application to the US to become a Registered Nurse (have registration in Ireland & UK).
I have been looking it all up for a very long time but find it difficult to begin the process.

Anyone out there who is in the situation or done this before and would like to share some information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thankyouu:D

civilservant Jul 8th 2013 11:15 am

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
Welcome. Read this link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585898 - especially the Pulaski ones. Nursing from the UK is difficult at the moment as is a nursing retrogression in terms of visas - are you a specialist? If so then there may be another way in (H1B), but a regular ward nurse, even CC, would find it extremely difficult to get a visa.

to add - if you wanted to move to Cali than you'd be moving to Columbia. No one refers to it as 'Cali' in CA ;)

Pulaski Jul 8th 2013 12:22 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 10789599)
.... To add - if you wanted to move to Cali than you'd be moving to Columbia. No one refers to it as 'Cali' in CA ;)

No, she wouldn't, if she was moving to "Columbia" she might be moving to South Carolina, though there are also others. If she was moving to Cali she'd be moving to Colombia! :p

civilservant Jul 8th 2013 12:27 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
Point well made :lol:

Ray Jul 8th 2013 12:33 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
Potus stopped the schedule A nurse visa in 2006
stating the US should just use US nurses

more at www.allnurses.com

Boiler Jul 8th 2013 12:48 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
I am going to guess this thread should be entitled London Nurse wants US boyfriend living in California?

Ray Jul 8th 2013 12:56 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 10789713)
I am going to guess this thread should be entitled London Nurse wants US boyfriend living in California?

No of course not ..people dont do that sort of thing

Boiler Jul 8th 2013 12:57 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
Ohhh

Pulaski Jul 8th 2013 1:09 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
Calm down everyone, please. We don't need a repeat of the fiasco we created last week. :o

Sue Jul 8th 2013 1:21 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 

Originally Posted by KeevaUK (Post 10789334)
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on the long winded process for application to the US to become a Registered Nurse (have registration in Ireland & UK).
I have been looking it all up for a very long time but find it difficult to begin the process.

Anyone out there who is in the situation or done this before and would like to share some information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thankyouu:D

Hi and welcome to BE. :)

As others have mentioned have a read through the wiki link that was posted, also take a look through our Nursing forum as you may find some relevant information there.

Sue Jul 8th 2013 1:27 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
I've just a quick search which I've posted below, I don't know if this link is any help to you at all but here you go: http://www.cgfns.org/sections/tools/...irements.shtml

Poppy girl Jul 8th 2013 4:00 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 10789599)
Welcome. Read this link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585898 - especially the Pulaski ones. Nursing from the UK is difficult at the moment as is a nursing retrogression in terms of visas - are you a specialist? If so then there may be another way in (H1B), but a regular ward nurse, even CC, would find it extremely difficult to get a visa.

to add - if you wanted to move to Cali than you'd be moving to Columbia. No one refers to it as 'Cali' in CA ;)

:lol: Yes we do, all the time silly :)

Hotscot Jul 8th 2013 4:50 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
We call it SoCal...

Poppy girl Jul 8th 2013 5:00 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 

Originally Posted by hotscot (Post 10790041)
We call it SoCal...

SoCal NorCal Cali same same :)

sanfranjones Jul 8th 2013 5:47 pm

Re: London Nurse Wants to move to CALI :)
 
It's California. Call it what you like, I'm just glad to be here. Hot or Not.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:06 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.