British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   London K1 interview Mon 24th June - Success !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/london-k1-interview-mon-24th-june-success-109053/)

robmcintosh Jun 26th 2002 10:46 am

London K1 interview Mon 24th June - Success !!!

Hi everybody,
Well I had my K1 medical and interview on Monday and have been approved : Yeah !!!

Firstly I'll be posting the full days story on .... (soon Rete ... I promised)
http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

In brief ...
Doctors
Arrived 7.40, third in line.
Advice : everyone got seen in the order they turned up.
also, have your medical questionaire, vaccination recs, a photo (passport or adit), and you passport ready as you walk in.
Blood test : quick easy.
Chest Xray : quick easy. (the doc doesnt check this, you just have to take it when you enter the US on your K1)
Docs : eyes, ears, throat, blood pressure, listen to breathin, read an eye chart, pressin stomach, cough (chaps only), chat about vaccinations.
10.00 (approx) out of docs and on way to embassy.

Embassy
10.10 stopped at "instant passport photos" to get adit pics
10.30 got into embassy, gave in interview letter, wait 15 mins, then called up to hand over all docs, wait about 30 mins, then called up for interview, asked how many times I'd been to visit Yvette, how many times she'd been over here. Then the nice man told me I was approved pending my medical results.
Left embassy, returned 12.45 and was informed that my medical was fine.

All done, approved !!!!
The whole process was quite simple, painless and almost stress free.
So DONT WORRY !!!
Just be prepared, organised and you'll be fine.

For those who recently read about my worries about a trip to Dallas I have planned from this Sat, thats also sorted (I'm going), (if you wanna kno the details of how this was achieved they'll be on kamya.com soon or e-mail me), so everythings wonderful for the time being.

Good luck everyone else !!!

Our K1 Timeline (so far) (UK-US)

15 Jan 2002 - submitted the application to the Texas INS centre.
(including the I-824 form / cabling request, which is supposed to speed things up between US and UK)

Feb 2002, i downloaded "my" forms from the UK embassy web site, filled them in and sent them off to London.

7 March 2002 - Yvette received the approval from Texas INS (this was quicker than we thought)

After 8 weeks (from Mar 7) I wrote to the Embassy in the UK as I had been told (by the INS helpline - 0906-1500590 -it's expensive) that i should have heard from the UK embassy in 4-6 weeks. I was getting worried !!! But this appeared to prompt some action (maybe)
.... as
17 May - received (packet 3) from the UK embassy, filled out and returned IV15 (only one of "my" forms outstanding as i'd filled out them in Feb)

5th June - rang the helpline again and was told that my "file" had been updated yesterday and it'll now be an 8-12 week wait for an interview.

18th June - Packet 4 received with interview date of June 24th.

24th June - K1 medical / interview and approved !!!

Rob.

rogerpenycate Jun 26th 2002 11:45 am

Re: London K1 interview Mon 24th June - Success !!!

Rob,
Congratulation, great news.
Good luck to you both for your future together.
Look on here on the 10th/11th July and hopefully !!
you'll see a similar posting from me.
Roger (+ Ida)

robmcintosh Jun 26th 2002 12:02 pm

Roger mate,
I've no doubts I will,
Thanks, an good luck to you both too,
Rob.

Rete Jun 26th 2002 1:51 pm

Congratulations Rob ...

and I know you will ;-)

Aangiela Jun 26th 2002 3:20 pm

Oh, congratulations Rob!!! Mickey had his medical and interview today. He flies back
to Belfast about 2:30 my time today. I'm so anxious to hear how it went.

Good luck,

Angie

vix Jun 26th 2002 3:35 pm

Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both for the future

Hope mine goes as smoothly when i get round to that part