Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London K-1 and K-2 visa issued today!

London K-1 and K-2 visa issued today!

Old Oct 4th 2001, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a short note to all to say that our K-1 and K-2 visas were issued today without a hitch at the US embassy in London.

I will post a timeline and outline of the days events here in an hour or so, and a full blow-by-blow account will appear on our website by the end of the day.

There is no doubt in my mind that without the help of this NG and several carefully chosen web sites, we would NEVER have done it as cleanly as we did. Our thanks to all out there who have offered advice.

Brian and Simon.
UK K-1 and K-2 visa holders

Old Oct 4th 2001, 4:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rita

And I can't resist: Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, I told ya so ;-))))
Old Oct 4th 2001, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

SharonR is an unknown quantity at this point

SMOOOOCH!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Old Oct 4th 2001, 5:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Brian

May I request that not only do you post here on the NG and update your website but post the official results and description of your interview for the K-1 and K-2 at the official NG website for future generations. In this way you are in turn helping others as you have been helped. Personal experiences are just as important as you discovered as asking questions on the NG.

Thanking in you advance for your contribution.

Rita
(A member of the NG since December 1997)
Old Oct 5th 2001, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

>Congratulations!
>
>And I can't resist: Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, I told ya so

Rita,

Thanks. It NEVER felt like it could have been that straight forward before the day itself. I guess that just reveals how important it is to me and indeed to all of us and THAT'S why we all get so anxious over it.

You "old-hands" who have been through it all already speak from the benefit of experience that the rest of us don't already have. BUT NOW.... I guess that Sharon and I can at last join the ranks of those who have "been there, done that"...

Old hands at this too?

Brian.
Old Oct 5th 2001, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

>May I request that not only do you post here on the NG
>and update your website but post the official results
>and description of your interview for the K-1 and K-2
>at the official NG website for future generations.

I have been trying all evening. It displays the form but once completed and the "submit" button clicked, it just sits there...

I'll try again over the weekend.

Old Oct 8th 2001, 3:43 am
Synchro1212

Congratulations...My fiance is from ENgland and we are just getting ready to file for
fiance visa in Texas. He is suppose to come here on October 12 to visit before we
file...Now with all going on with the war we are waiting to see if his flight will be
cancelled...If so, we will go ahead and file now instead of on the 23rd of
October..Again Congratulations...we cant wait until we are at that point.