Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London Interview.....when ??

London Interview.....when ??

Old Jun 17th 2002, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default London Interview.....when ??

I've just phoned the London helpline and was told my interview date could be another 6-8 weeks.
I filed the I-130 on the 28th March, received the NOA on the 20th May and sent in the OF-169 2 weeks ago.
This would take my timeline to 4.5 - 5 months.
Reading numerous posts over the last couple of months, the average time lines for spousal visas seems to be just over 3 months.
Anyone with any current experience or time lines, or reason for
the apparent delay ?
Thanks
Roger (+ Ida who's waiting for me in the US !!!!)
Old Jun 17th 2002, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: London Interview.....when ??

As suggested, I put a travel date of 15th July.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 12:20 am
Nick Hardy

I don't know what may have caused your delay (so why am I posting?), but found on my
K1 quest that the time info. given out by the helpline is pessimistic at best. I was
told my interview letter could be 5 weeks away, and it came two days later (better
than the other way round though). The reason I was given for things taking a while
was a delay opening mail.

Good luck

Nick

rogerpenycate <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've just phoned the London helpline and was told my interview date could be
    > another 6-8 weeks. I filed the I-130 on the 28th March, received the NOA on the
    > 20th May and sent in the OF-169 2 weeks ago. This would take my timeline to 4.5 - 5
    > months. Reading numerous posts over the last couple of months, the average time
    > lines for spousal visas seems to be just over 3 months. Anyone with any current
    > experience or time lines, or reason for the apparent delay ? Thanks Roger (+ Ida
    > who's waiting for me in the US !!!!)

Old Jun 18th 2002, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Nick,
I'll carry on getting up and sitting on the step waiting for
postman, at least there's the World Cup in the mornings !!

Roger
Old Jun 18th 2002, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger,

When did you send in the OF-230 part 1?
Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi,
I sent in the OF-230 pt 1 on the 2nd May.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

That would make your visa 3 - 3.5 months from OF-230 part 1 (the main application form for the visa). The timings of around 3 months depend on filing the OF-230 at the same time as the petition - the consulate processes this form independently of the petition.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 7:20 pm
Lucyo

Hi,

I posted my application and it arrived May1st at London, and I claled 14 days later,
they said they had only just put my application " on the system" - whatever that
means! Anyway, I have my Interview date nw - July 15th, I recieved the letter about a
week ago. My travel date that I put down was August 16th. ( marriage date Sept. 8th)

Lucy Going to NYc ! YAY !!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 19th 2002, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

That's where I got confused, I thought the timeline started
from when one submits the I-130. (28th March)
Anyway, when I phoned the Helpline they confirmed that they
have everything, all is in order, they are just waiting for a date
to "slot in" my interview.
That's why I can't understand why it should take so long.
I've read several postings saying that interviews have been
arranged a couple of weeks after the OF-169 has been received,
with various time differences for the interview date ranging from
2 weeks to 6 weeks, dependant upon the leaving date put on the
form.
I agree, I'm sure the Helpline is extremely pessimistic with their
predictions, when I first phoned them I was told that the average
timeline for a Spousal Visa filed in London was 6-8 months !!!

Oh well, back to sitting on the doorstep from 7.30 in the
morning )

I want to be with my wife !!