London Interview Times?

London Interview Times?

Old Oct 21st 2002, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile London Interview Times?

Hi All,

I'm a newcomer here ... so hi!

I'm British and my USC Husband and I have been married for nearly 3 years. We reside in the UK (he's in the USAF) and we are being stationed in the US at the end of November.

We applied for the I-130 on 4th September 2002
Received NOA from the Embassy on 11th October 2002
and have just received packet 3, which I will be sending back today (I have all the paperwork required).

I really just wanted to enquire about how long after the Embassy receives my packet 3 will we have to wait for our interview?

Nice to meet you all

Lisa
Old Oct 21st 2002, 12:55 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Interview Times?

Originally posted by lasmus31:
Hi All,

I'm a newcomer here ... so hi!

I'm British and my USC Husband and I have been married for nearly 3 years. We reside in the UK (he's in the USAF) and we are being stationed in the US at the end of November.

We applied for the I-130 on 4th September 2002
Received NOA from the Embassy on 11th October 2002
and have just received packet 3, which I will be sending back today (I have all the paperwork required).

I really just wanted to enquire about how long after the Embassy receives my packet 3 will we have to wait for our interview?

Nice to meet you all

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Your timeline is very similar to mine, we filed the I-130 on the 2nd September and received our NOA 9th October (although I have not received my packet 3 yet). You can actually send in your packet 3 before you get your NOA - not that does you any good now. There is a backlog at the moment and these things are taking slightly longer, make sure you put on the proposed date of travel your TDY date. It is taking about 3 weeks to get your stuff on the computer and then about 6 weeks for an interview - this is not to say it can't/won't be done quicker in your case

Good Luck

Patrick
Old Oct 21st 2002, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi Lisa,

Your timeline is very similar to mine, we filed the I-130 on the 2nd September and received our NOA 9th October (although I have not received my packet 3 yet). You can actually send in your packet 3 before you get your NOA - not that does you any good now. There is a backlog at the moment and these things are taking slightly longer, make sure you put on the proposed date of travel your TDY date. It is taking about 3 weeks to get your stuff on the computer and then about 6 weeks for an interview - this is not to say it can't/won't be done quicker in your case

Good Luck

Patrick
Hello Patrick,

What does TDY mean? (hopefully not a completely silly question!).

Peace,

D.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 2:25 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazeychain:

Hello Patrick,

What does TDY mean? (hopefully not a completely silly question!).

Peace,

D.
Hi D,

Thanks for pointing that out, what a doofus I am! TDY is the (US) miltary abbreviation for Temporary DutY, and of course they are not going on Temporary Duty rather they are being posted (I think this is called a cat 2 but it has been 8 years since I was in the military and even longer since I actually worked with the US military!).

Patrick
Old Oct 21st 2002, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi D,

Thanks for pointing that out, what a doofus I am! TDY is the (US) miltary abbreviation for Temporary DutY, and of course they are not going on Temporary Duty rather they are being posted (I think this is called a cat 2 but it has been 8 years since I was in the military and even longer since I actually worked with the US military!).

Patrick
Don't you just love all the abbreviations used Patrick is right with the temporary Duty abbreviation but we are actually PCSing which apparently means Permanent Change of Station ... lucky old us

Furniture left last week so we are sitting on military furniture (Hubby says this is life in the Ghetto and to get used to it )

Lisa
Old Oct 21st 2002, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lasmus31:

Don't you just love all the abbreviations used Patrick is right with the temporary Duty abbreviation but we are actually PCSing which apparently means Permanent Change of Station ... lucky old us

Furniture left last week so we are sitting on military furniture (Hubby says this is life in the Ghetto and to get used to it )

Lisa
Thank you both! With all these POEs, NOAs, SCs and RFEs and such, I feel like I've learned a new language :-)

Peace,

D.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 4:27 pm
L D Jones

dazeychain wrote:
[ ... ]
    > What does TDY mean? (hopefully not a completely silly question!).

I believe it stands for temporary duty. It's a military acronym, not an
INS one.