Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London Embassy interview dates??

London Embassy interview dates??

Old Sep 6th 2001, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my K-1 packet 3 forms and checklist back to the London Embassy on Monday.

Has anyone got any idea as to what the gap between now and the interview date is likely to be?

Thanks In Advance for any info.

Brian (UK) + Sharon (TX).
Old Sep 6th 2001, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you put down as your travel date and marriage date on the checklist?
Old Sep 6th 2001, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Travel 30th Oct and wedding Nov 3rd.

I did think of putting down dates in just a week or twos time, but its actually unrealistic that I'd be able to leave the UK that quick... 4 weeks notice is about what I need.
Old Sep 6th 2001, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

My guess would be that you'd get the interview in the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

It will take them a week or two to input your info into their system, and they will give you two weeks notice of your interview date.

You should be notified of the interview in time to give you a month to wrap up your affairs in the UK, but it's unlikely you will have a month *after* the interview.

I had my interview 12 days before my stated travel date.
Old Sep 7th 2001, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Two weeks to input all the details and two weeks to let me know means they maight get the interview date to me by thr end of September... two more weeks notice of interview date does fit in with your guess of the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

I would prefer to get a month after the interview to do all the sorting out and then leave, but if like you, I only get a 12 or 14 days gap before I travel, then thats the way it is. I'd rather be over there getting the next chapter of my life started than over here, taking a laid-back view of things for no good reason!

Brian.

Old Sep 7th 2001, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

I've got my interview for a spousal visa on the 17th Sept, my travel date is Dec 14th, so they can be accomodating. For me I wouldn't have been able to get time off work or Uni).

PrZ.

Old Sep 7th 2001, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by PriZm
I've got my interview for a spousal visa on the 17th Sept, my travel date is Dec 14th, so they can be accomodating. For me I wouldn't have been able to get time off work or Uni).

PrZ.

Glad to hear that they will accomodate... all I want is to get the medical/interview over with ASAP. I have THREE people in the US that want me to give them dates when I could start work. We also have to organise getting married and all that kind of stuff so the sooner we get the visa issued, the better!

And good luck to you in 10 days time :-)

Brian.
Old Sep 8th 2001, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by PriZm
I've got my interview for a spousal visa on the 17th Sept, my travel date is Dec 14th
Hey... Just wondered.... why the long wait from interview (and visa issue) to travel?

Brian.
Old Sep 8th 2001, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by brianr
Has anyone got any idea as to what the gap between now and the interview date is likely to be?
Answer to my own question...

The London Embassy took one working week (Monday to Friday) to get the packet 4 in the post back to me - it arrived in Saturday's mail. The interview date is October 4th. Anyone else going there then?

Brian (UK) + Sharon (TX).