Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London Consulate

London Consulate

Old Feb 19th 2002, 11:22 am
Just Joined

angusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Consulate

I phoned the London Consulate yesterday and told the operator that I had a K-1 visa being processed in Nebraska, that we had received the first NOA and that I had downloaded the packet three forms from the website and sent them in three weeks ago.

I asked if my forms had been received and what the next step would be. She said that nothing could be done until we had approval, a provisional file might be opened but it might not. I may have to fill in the forms again once London has received the documents from Nebraska.

So, basically, no one is going to tell me if the information I have submitted is being held!

Many people on this newsgroup have said that they had a file opened in London before approval. What notification did you get about this?
Old Feb 19th 2002, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

When I sent in my OF-230 ahead of petition approval, it took over a month for them to send me a case number. This was the only notification I received from them.

The telephone operator can't really give you any concrete information if your information hasn't yet been entered in their computer system. It's true that they can't act on your visa application (ie invite you for interview) until they have petition approval.

There's not an awful lot you can do until you have the petition approval, so I'd recommend not getting worked up about it.
Old Feb 19th 2002, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

angusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

I realise that no progress can really be made until we have approval but from what you and others have previously said, I thought that time could be saved at this end by sending in forms early. She seemed to be suggesting otherwise.

Just have to wait I suppose.