Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Local movers in NJ

Local movers in NJ

Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:28 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light
Default Local movers in NJ

Does anyone know a reliable, affordable moving company for local moves in central NJ? I need to move 2 bedroom apartment furniture and boxes about 2 miles down the road. Is it better to just hire moving labour and our own rental truck or get the package deal? I have heard of so many moving scams, any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Local movers in NJ

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Does anyone know a reliable, affordable moving company for local moves in central NJ? I need to move 2 bedroom apartment furniture and boxes about 2 miles down the road. Is it better to just hire moving labour and our own rental truck or get the package deal? I have heard of so many moving scams, any advice would be appreciated.
Whatever you do, you want to make sure the people you use are insured to move your stuff. That's if you have any items of value or are fragile.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:08 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

We've used Alpha Moving twice now; once to move from Jersey City down to Central NJ, and then again in December to move less than a mile. It was $99 an hour with a 4 hour minimum, and I'm pretty sure our last move didn't cost much more than $400 (I think the only extra we paid was for a TV box; they were pretty good as they wanted to put more packing tape on some of our stuff and just told us it would be cheaper if we just went out and bought some locally). This was for a 1 bedroom apartment, but it was crammed full of stuff. The first move we used them for took a couple of hours longer than the estimate time but we just gave them a large tip which was less than half the cost of the extra time and they were happy to take that and not include the extra time on the paperwork.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:16 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by neil
We've used Alpha Moving twice now; once to move from Jersey City down to Central NJ, and then again in December to move less than a mile. It was $99 an hour with a 4 hour minimum, and I'm pretty sure our last move didn't cost much more than $400 (I think the only extra we paid was for a TV box; they were pretty good as they wanted to put more packing tape on some of our stuff and just told us it would be cheaper if we just went out and bought some locally). This was for a 1 bedroom apartment, but it was crammed full of stuff. The first move we used them for took a couple of hours longer than the estimate time but we just gave them a large tip which was less than half the cost of the extra time and they were happy to take that and not include the extra time on the paperwork.
Thanks. I've made a tentative booking with alpha already but they gave me an estimate of 4 men. I have heard mixed reviews about this company.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:36 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I've made a tentative booking with alpha already but they gave me an estimate of 4 men. I have heard mixed reviews about this company.
Maybe we just got lucky twice. For our last move they actually only said two men but sent three. The movers themselves were really friendly and helpful both times and didn't try to screw us over. Good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Too late did I see this ! .... I was gonna say 'Mayflower'