Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Local change of address

Local change of address

Old Aug 8th 2001, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 112
ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do i send the change of address notification letter for an ex K-1 holder? She is now legally married to me.

Instructions on the http://k1.exit.com/AOS.html indicate requirement for filing "when moving from one location to another, and have to change to a new INS office".

Our move was local. Our INS Service Center and the local district office still remain the same. - VSC and Arlington, VA. The local office has no information about the K-1 beneficiary. As far as i know, only VSC has that record.

Also, since the INS agent's advice at the POE was to go to Norfolk(a sub-office), would it be necessary to notify them as well (just in case)?

i remain

ralph is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2001, 10:12 pm
Alvena Ferreira
Posts: n/a

ralph wrote:
If you have not yet filed for AOS, I wouldn't do anything until you file the AOS, and
tell INs at that time.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice; this is my personal opinion, posted
for the purpose of discussion only.
K-1 FAQ: http://www.k1faq.com Jonathan's K-1 pages:
http://pages.prodigy.net/alixtcat/immigrat.htm Doc Steen's Marriage Visa Information
Pages: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.