Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

living in Australia or in the U.S

living in Australia or in the U.S

Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living in Australia or in the U.S

Things to consider.....health insurance, very expensive.

education, very expensive for uni's, schools depends so much on which state and even which county within that state.

working conditions, sod all holiday time, long working hours, sod all sick time, right to fire and no job security.

you'll also have sod all credit history, so first year or so will be difficult getting a decent credit card rate, loans for car etc, or mobile phone and utilities requiring deposits.

Though a lot of things really do depend on where you fancy moving to, so if you had an idea, you might get more constructive responses from people living in that area...
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I missed this thread, made me chuckle. Rushman was probably closest
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I missed this thread, made me chuckle. Rushman was probably closest
hehe...yeah, the OP should probably check out the americans and close friends thread too...
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

My advice, stay where you are. I cannot see what the USA has to offer over Australia but then I have not lived in Australia.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
Queue jumping a Brit :scared: , come to think of it, I'm not sure that's a good idea. Unless he's willing to be a gentleman!
Thats never been known!!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Thats never been known!!

Hmmm....maybe you need to be taught?

Treat m mean keep em keen?
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Oh man what a laugh I had there Rushman.

Ige, don't do it. Stay with the human-eating plants, spiders and jelly fish. Healthcare is so expensive and don't think for a moment once you have paid your coverage they'll be no more to pay cos it just keeps on coming - and that incudes dental, if you're lucky enough to have that in the first place. Benefits are a dirty word here, if you claim them you're frankly considered a lazy sit on your arse scumbag but I'm not sure how easy it is to get them in the first place. And then there's the hurricanes, tornados, drop down dead heat & humidity and 20' of snow in the winter. And don't even get me started on the education system. Stick with the sharks mate.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lizzi
Oh man what a laugh I had there Rushman.

Ige, don't do it. Stay with the human-eating plants, spiders and jelly fish. Healthcare is so expensive and don't think for a moment once you have paid your coverage they'll be no more to pay cos it just keeps on coming - and that incudes dental, if you're lucky enough to have that in the first place. Benefits are a dirty word here, if you claim them you're frankly considered a lazy sit on your arse scumbag but I'm not sure how easy it is to get them in the first place. And then there's the hurricanes, tornados, drop down dead heat & humidity and 20' of snow in the winter. And don't even get me started on the education system. Stick with the sharks mate.
I'd agree....with the view, that Australia is such a great country to live in.

However.....if it is to be able to rake in the monetary benefits...you can have him !
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
I'd agree....with the view, that Australia is such a great country to live in.
162,000 convicts can't be wrong ....
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
162,000 convicts can't be wrong ....
No, seeing as they decided to stay...they must have thanked their lucky stars the day they were brought here
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

No, seeing as they decided to stay...they must have thanked their lucky stars the day they were brought here
Interesting site this Cas ...
http://www.convictcentral.com/
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Interesting site this Cas ...
http://www.convictcentral.com/
hehe.......good job I'm an English rose I might be able to trace my long lost Great Uncle Fred

Do you know what crime I committed to get over here?

I shall put it up in the Aus forum...thankyou
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:07 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Only a country like Britain ship outs the countrys criminals to a paradise like Oz whilst the remainder stay it a country that pisses down with rain, has a average temp of 40 deg, lets every tom,dick and Harry in on a banana boat to scab free benefits, free health service and a dole check.

Talk about "arse about face".
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yosser
Only a country like Britain ship outs the countrys criminals to a paradise like Oz whilst the remainder stay it a country that pisses down with rain, has a average temp of 40 deg, lets every tom,dick and Harry in on a banana boat to scab free benefits, free health service and a dole check.

Talk about "arse about face".
Yes...which is why I'm here in paradise and not there.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:15 pm
Ray

Yes...which is why I'm here in paradise and not there.
If its such a paradise ..why are so many returning to Bleektown

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.