British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Little Leper and other nicknames/petnames (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/little-leper-other-nicknames-petnames-347686/)

CaliforniaBride Jan 11th 2006 2:59 pm

Little Leper and other nicknames/petnames

What's your nickname or petname for you or hubby? Hubby likes to call me Murgatroid! Now I've got a new name, since getting my LPR status. I'm now his little leper Le(gal)Pe(rmanent)R(esident). :D

Pigtails Jan 11th 2006 4:23 pm

Re: Little Leper and other nicknames/petnames

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
What's your nickname or petname for you or hubby? Hubby likes to call me Murgatroid! Now I've got a new name, since getting my LPR status. I'm now his little leper Le(gal)Pe(rmanent)R(esident). :D

Suits you! ;)

CaliforniaBride Jan 11th 2006 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Suits you! ;)

What, Murgatroid?

Partystar Jan 11th 2006 9:50 pm

We call each other Monkey Butt/Monkey Butt Head/Monkey Butt Arse Head! Also the usual Darling, Honey, Bitch, you get the picture! I know there's more, but I can't think right now!

CaliforniaBride Jan 11th 2006 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
We call each other Monkey Butt/Monkey Butt Head/Monkey Butt Arse Head! Also the usual Darling, Honey, Bitch, you get the picture! I know there's more, but I can't think right now!

Can't wait till the Dudester starts talking! :D

ladyofthelake Jan 11th 2006 10:09 pm

My brother calls his wife 'oi, Doris' as a pet name. He's called her that for so long that my mum eventually started to believe it really was her name, bless her.

Thydney Jan 11th 2006 11:12 pm

I call my wife Grommit not because she is a dog but just because her eyes say far more than her mouth ever does. :D

CaliforniaBride Jan 11th 2006 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Thydney
I call my wife Grommit not because she is a dog but just because her eyes say far more than her mouth ever does. :D

Awww Thydney. That is really sweet! Have some karma for that.

cutina Jan 12th 2006 3:28 am

cutina
spottina
obesina

and various italianisations of other english words where/when appropriate. or not. :o

BritGuyTN Jan 12th 2006 3:36 am

Yo Beeeyotch....

just kidding

My wife looks a bit hispanic, so sometimes she is el bambino

Just Jenney Jan 12th 2006 6:32 am

I know it's not very exciting or imaginative, but I have actually fallen into the habit of calling him Marky. Sometimes Marky-Parky. The irony is that his mother specifically chose to name him Mark so that he COULDN'T have a nickname! (Same goes for his brother, Neil.)

Despite the dork factor of it, I think it's cute, because no one else calls him anything but Mark, so it's sort of special that way. Except our little niece, who turns two next month. Only until very recently she called him...... Butts! No idea how she got Butts from Mark, but her 4-year-old brother got a kick out of it! Now he calls him Uncle Butts. Hee!

~ Jenney

ps. Mark doesn't have a nickname for me, but my ex-hubby called me "Wee-fay" -- the way "wife" would be pronounced phonetically in Spanish. I thought that was pretty unique; I wonder if he calls his new wife that...