Lingo.com

Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:37 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lingo.com

Bumping this up as we signed up a few days ago. It's been a firkin nightmare. The buggering thing hardly ever works and getting through to customer service has been hellish. I have to wait over 20 mins using cell phone as the flaming VOIP just doesn't work reliably.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:22 am
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

I don't call the UK that much, so I use a combination of voice chat on Yahoo Messenger and an Internet telephone service provider called Gossiptel. I pay by the minute for Gossiptel and have no monthly rental. It's cheaper than Lingo for me as I don't spend the $20 a month, but I reckon it must be close. A 0870 UK number is free with Gossiptel and I have a US Washington number through IPKall ringing through to the same phone. All works like a charm, only sounds crap if I don't stop downloading my Britney Spears albums whilst I talk

Lingo sounds like very good value, if they had better marketing they would blow Vonage out of the water.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:36 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sibsie
Bumping this up as we signed up a few days ago. It's been a firkin nightmare. The buggering thing hardly ever works and getting through to customer service has been hellish. I have to wait over 20 mins using cell phone as the flaming VOIP just doesn't work reliably.
I'm sorry to hear you have had problems with Lingo. Although I haven't had to deal with customer service, I have had some hiccups of my own with the service. But I don't think that was the fault of Lingo. When our cable company upgraded to 4 MBPS the cable went wonky and we could only bring up every other page we tried to look at online...which also meant that getting through on the lingo line was a crap shoot. I was feeling so frustrated with not being able to get through when I wanted to, I was actually contemplating getting a very basic landline.

Whatever the problem was...it seems to have cleared itself up and our lingo line (and internet service) works fine now...for the most part...and as long as the cats don't turn off the power to the phone like this morning. lol

I hope you are able to get things worked out. I can imagine how frustrated you must feel.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:04 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The cable dude was out yesterday to check it. It's not a prob at my end. When I make a call I only ever get the busy tone instead of a ring tone. It rings on the end of the person I'm calling but I can't tell they've picked up.