Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Lineups at Mexican Consulate in NYC

Lineups at Mexican Consulate in NYC

Old Apr 17th 2001, 11:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since the third week in March, the line from the front door of the Mexican Consulate in New York City which is situated between Park and Madison Avenues has been three deep and has extended down the block to Madison, up Madison to (38th or is that 39th) and continues down that block. This line is 1/3 the length when I walk back to Grand Central Station at 5 in the evenings.

Are these people waiting for documentation such as passports, birth certificates, etc. from their Consulate so they can available themselves of the new acts for adjustment of status?

I'm curious as all get out about this but not brave enough to stop and ask one of them the reason why they are waiting.

Rita
Old Apr 17th 2001, 12:44 pm
Grinch

"Rete" <[email protected]> posting illegally from british ex pats as she is
not British wrote in message

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

The New Taco Bell opened there last week. Zesty!

Grinch

Old Apr 17th 2001, 4:22 pm
aosus

Rita, The Consulates of Mexico, not only gives service to Mexicans, perhaps you are
right and mainly all want documents for the INS. The Consulate also issues permits to
visit Mexico as a tourist.

As for my local Consulate I just went on Friday, there were no lines here, I even had
to do a special appointment to be seen.

>
    >
and
    >
to
    >
that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
themselves
    >
    >
    >
and
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Apr 17th 2001, 8:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm but my father-in-law was both a British and Canadian citizen so I thought, really I truly did think, that gave me rights to uh you know sponge off the one free and useable newserver left (surfree's ng connection went belly up again this past weekend).

As for the people outside of the Mexican Consulate, there were 99.99% Mexican in nationality. NYC and the surrounding suburbs have a very high Mexican population who work in the restaurant and landscaping and agricultural areas.

Rita