Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which line at Immigration?

Which line at Immigration?

Old May 17th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which line at Immigration?

Originally Posted by meauxna
I can't imagine what Jerseygirl is thinking of.. there really isn't anyone to ask this question of because the result varies depending on the airport and whatever they are doing that day.

When you enter the immigration hall, there is usually a roving officer and you can ask them where they prefer you to go.
Jerseygirl may very well have been thinking of exactly that ...

As far as something like this is concerned "the powers that be" are the officers who happen to be on duty at the time that you go through immigration
Old May 18th 2011, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirrel
Wow Ash, did they actually come out of their booth? (I can't imagine a 5 year old could see over the top of the counter).
Nope she stood up and lent over the counter to talk to her. Not this time but the last time we travelled as a family through Heathrow a couple of years back passport control said my girls names out loud to see if they responded.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

That's awesome...I'd be so screwed if that ever happened to me, my little one is always saying weird things in the grocery store
Oh you wait, some of the things they come out with is hilarious! A few days ago I was singing the chorus of the song 'On the Floor' which is all 'la la la' and my 7 year old rolls her eyes and says 'mommy get a hold of yourself'

Originally Posted by Bob
And speaking of weird experiences of coming back to the US, when he missus who's a USC, was moving back here from living in the UK, she got a right grilling from a snotty nosed oink
I had that same issue but it was going into the UK, with my UK passport! The guy asked a whole bunch of questions... 'how long did I plan on staying, did I have family there, was I a resisdent in the US, did I have a job in the US, what was the company name, what did I do there?' I have never been asked questions like that before. They were not your friendly chit chat questions either, my only guess on it was that I had my youngest daughter with me entering on a US passport, maybe they thought I was planning on relocating with her Even so I have travelled with my kids many time like that before and never been asked those questions.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Jerseygirl may very well have been thinking of exactly that ...

As far as something like this is concerned "the powers that be" are the officers who happen to be on duty at the time that you go through immigration
I can't imagine what I was thinking...posting something so sensible.