British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Which Line ???????????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/line-302192/)

bxpuser7543 May 11th 2005 6:30 am

Which Line ????????????

When you finally marry your US partner and later return to your homeland(for whatever reason),which line does your partner get it at Passport control etc?.I assume they go in the normal 1 and you have to wait patiently at the other end for them to emerge after all the usual checks.

ScousePete May 11th 2005 10:13 am

Re: Which Line ????????????

Originally Posted by chukka
When you finally marry your US partner and later return to your homeland(for whatever reason),which line does your partner get it at Passport control etc?.I assume they go in the normal 1 and you have to wait patiently at the other end for them to emerge after all the usual checks.

I always bring my USC wife with me through the EU line. Never had a problem.

Duncan Roberts May 11th 2005 11:10 am

Last time I went home she was in the international and I was in the EU, she got through quicker than me!

britchicknyc May 11th 2005 11:25 am

So funny this was posted now...

I am now in an internet cafe on Oxford Street! I came over with my USC husband this past weekend and I went to the EU line and he to the "other" line. The official there told him that when he is traveling with me, he can come through the EU line. Normally the "other" line is just as fast, but it seems on this AA flight I was the only Brit on board. However me was done by time I got the bags so all was well.

V. generous of us brits I say this new policy.

Manc May 11th 2005 12:50 pm

My misses came with me through the EU line at Heathrow last month.

Dan725 May 11th 2005 1:07 pm

Good to know, that - we've always done the one line for her and EU line for me - has been a pain in the arse on occasion. Will both try the EU line next time.

Maz May 11th 2005 1:49 pm

He always goes through the international line and I go through the EU one with our daughter. :)

Tone May 11th 2005 3:26 pm

I always use the Piccadilly line... ;)

Maz May 11th 2005 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Tone
I always use the Piccadilly line... ;)

Smart arse :p

bxpuser7543 May 11th 2005 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Smart arse :p

Not really,totally irrelevant to the question

Maz May 11th 2005 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by chukka
Not really,totally irrelevant to the question

Alright then.

Yorkieabroad May 11th 2005 7:04 pm

We usually go back via Amsterdam to Teesside International Airport - they normally have to open up the "Non-EU Passport Line" especially for the wife and kids :D

Ash UK/US May 11th 2005 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We usually go back via Amsterdam to Teesside International Airport - they normally have to open up the "Non-EU Passport Line" especially for the wife and kids :D

LOL... I can picture that. I have flown into Teeside a couple of times... that is without doubt the smallest airport I have ever flown into.

Last twice I flew via heathrow and I took my USC daughter through the international line. I didn't know they would allow her to come though the other line.

Do they stamp the USC passport when the go through the EU line?

Ash :)

sibsie May 11th 2005 8:48 pm

Me and Mr Sibsie went back over Easter. I went through the EU line, he was Fastrack through the Dirty Foreign Types line. He made it through before me. :(

Philgr May 12th 2005 12:24 am

We always go in the Nationals line on both sides of the pond after being told this was ok by Immigration officials in both countries. This was even true in the US before I got my Greencard and we were just visiting the US for holidays. Seemed pretty out of character for US Immigration but I wasn't going to argue.