Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Life Style in US and Middle East

Life Style in US and Middle East

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:52 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Life Style in US and Middle East

Hi,

If I moved from MiddleEast/Oman to USA now I know I would be worse off financially, my wife would probably have to work, and we would not have the same good quality of life (small house, paying income tax, no housemaid, 2 weeks vacation etc).No money from tax return etc.

I looked into a job with Google in CA, and typical wages for permenant jobs of engineers in US seem to be fairly poor.

Texas is more hot then Dubai and GCC so temperature doesn't seem a problem.

Please comment and suggest?

Thanks,
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Life Style in US and Middle East

You ask too many questions Smurtaza. Seems you just get a bit curious about something and immediately post a question. You also answered your own questions in this post so why even bother?

And, if you are married why were you asking for tips on meeting chicks in Oman in a previous post dude?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:19 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Life Style in US and Middle East

Originally Posted by niddy
You ask too many questions Smurtaza. Seems you just get a bit curious about something and immediately post a question. You also answered your own questions in this post so why even bother?

And, if you are married why were you asking for tips on meeting chicks in Oman in a previous post dude?
Its better to ask before getting in trouble with Penguins. How people survive in Oman without chicks?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

If I moved from MiddleEast/Oman to USA now I know I would be worse off financially, my wife would probably have to work, and we would not have the same good quality of life (small house, paying income tax, no housemaid, 2 weeks vacation etc).No money from tax return etc.

I looked into a job with Google in CA, and typical wages for permenant jobs of engineers in US seem to be fairly poor.

Thanks,

Lived in Houston a year or two back and have to say, if anything, Texas temps are less than here... And while they do suffer from equivalent humidity, a good thunder storm soon clears that up...
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:18 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niddy
Now that's a good question
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

you ask too many and very subjective questions.

THe fact that you even think of moving from Oman to USA is a sign that there is something you see in US that you cant get in Oman ?

If you think your life will be worse off in US than Oman, why waste everyone's time asking stupid questions ?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by E3only

THe fact that you even think of moving from Oman to USA is a sign that there is something you see in US that you cant get in Oman ?

If you think your life will be worse off in US than Oman, why waste everyone's time asking stupid questions ?
If you think its a stupid question then why did you bother replying and wasting your time?Interesting not stupid
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Because you ask *too many* and *subjective* waste of time questions......I am just leting you know just incase you did not know..its waste of time...
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:35 am
Banned

Because you ask *too many* and *subjective* waste of time questions......I am just leting you know just incase you did not know..its waste of time...
oohh Thank you very much for your **too much free time** again to let us know this valuable information.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Stay where you are and stop whining every few months ...
and improve your English
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Stay where you are and stop whining every few months ...
and improve your English
I appreciate your instructions grandpa!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Life Style in US and Middle East

Considering the fact that you have only been on this board for;

a) Less than 1 Month

b) Have only made 15 posts

c) Are not even British

you are out of line with your response. Here's a bunch of questions you asked, when you joined us;

Jim

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been coverred before.

I know you all like to know which visa I have and what are the plans.
So I an an Australian planning to go to US on an E-3 Visa.

Recently have been to an organisation called CXCUSA (team based in Sydney)
and the team there are happy with me and are close to securing work.
The way it works is I will be employed by them and they place me as a
consultant with USA company. This they call is as "Corp to Corp" placement
and from what I gather, its just another way of a management consultancy
works here in AU.
Majority of their clients are placed in New York,Los Angeles, SF, Boston,
Seattle and Chicago.

The issue is, I dont know anyone who has experienced such a situation. I
want to get a feel if there is anyone here who would like to share their
experience(s). One of the benefits they outline is - if the contract is
terminated then I can stay in US because they (CXC) will place me on an
unpaid leave.(I know that if I find a job myself and lose the job then I
have to leave US in 10 days). This however makes me feel how stable this
consulting would be. I am married and my wife will come with me. SO the
last thing I want is to be without work.

I therefore have the following question :

"Can I change employers once I am in the U.S. and stay on the E-3 visa?
Yes, your new employer must lodge a new Labor Condition Application (LCA),
and the gap between jobs must be 10 days or less."

Now I know to change employers I will either have to go to say Canada or
put my application within US. Either way - how the h*ll does one manage
to give enough notice to the employer and still go overseas and still start
work with new employer within 10 days. If I were to go to Canada, there is
no way I can put in my resignation ( fear my new E-3 may get declined).

Anyway, for now the main help I would need is if you guys can help me
understand this CORP to CORP or even better if someone has gone to US on
a similar arragement and can share some facts with me.

Sorry for the long explanation. Newbie so please be good to me

Thanks.

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks,
Thought you were living in Australia - or was it New Zealand? Perhaps you need to get an atlas
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Considering the fact that you have only been on this board for;

a) Less than 1 Month

b) Have only made 15 posts

c) Are not even British

you are out of line with your response. Here's a bunch of questions you asked, when you joined us;

Jim
Since when do a, b, or c determine what you can post? Have you read Smurtaza's past questions? I'd say the person you replied to is spot on. But then again, I'm not British either so perhaps my opinion is moot.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
, I'm not British either so perhaps my opinion is moot.
Nor am I .... but I have lived there ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.