Reload this Page >

Life in Greensboro??

Life in Greensboro??

Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

mancmummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Life in Greensboro??

Hey all,

My hubby and I are from Manchester and we have a baby girl. We are planning a move to Greensboro in the summer. I know he will be ok (will get to talk to people at work!) but I am worried about what life will be like for me at home with a baby... has anyone any advice on how to make the move easier? I'm getting scared now
Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:55 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in Greensboro??

Originally Posted by mancmummy View Post
Hey all,

My hubby and I are from Manchester and we have a baby girl. We are planning a move to Greensboro in the summer. I know he will be ok (will get to talk to people at work!) but I am worried about what life will be like for me at home with a baby... has anyone any advice on how to make the move easier? I'm getting scared now
how spooky, I'm originally from Manchester and moved to Greensboro, but I've moved back to the UK now.

How old is your little one?.

don't worry there's lots of lovely big parks everywhere, there's a wet n wild for the hot summer months, there are kids play groups as well and a big YMCA that has lots of things going on..

whereabouts will you be living and most important will you have a car?

any questions, just give me a shout
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

mancmummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Lisag8070,

Thanks so much for the reply! It is spooky and such a small world! So you really liked it there? Little one will be 1 year old when we move, just a lil baby! I'm worried cause it's so far away from evrerything I know! The playgroups sound good though. Was it easy to make friends... I hate being the new kid.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:54 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Lisag8070,

Thanks so much for the reply! It is spooky and such a small world! So you really liked it there? Little one will be 1 year old when we move, just a lil baby! I'm worried cause it's so far away from evrerything I know! The playgroups sound good though. Was it easy to make friends... I hate being the new kid.
Yes I really liked it there, it will probably feel hard being the new kid and everything, but people are friendly, (although a good majority of it will be superficial because your accent is so totally awesome lol)..but just be yourself and don't let anything worry you and just go with the whole excitement of moving to a new place and discovering all of whats around you. you'll have a blast..and you'll pick up plenty of friends along the way

Whereabouts will you be based? and do you have a car?...you can probably get around with out one but trust me your life will be a lot easier with a car..
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

where you at in gods country?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:30 am
Banned

Volt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to allVolt61 is a name known to all

Hey all,

I don't want to upset you but if you can change your plans, I would do so.
Greensboro is becoming more and more of a ghost town and there's a whole bunch of nothing to do there.

There are better places to live in NC, if it must be NC.

Check out this site where you might find more info/others like you.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/green...lem-high-point

Last edited by Volt61; Feb 1st 2011 at 2:34 am.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

For Tomorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MancMom,
I've been living in Greensboro for 3 years now and love it.I have three boys, 5,5 and 6 and there it lots for them to do here.If you are going to rent an apartment though, I would get one with a community pool, as the summer gets very hot and sticky.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Hey all,

Maybe you could search online for mother and baby groups or groups for women your age to get together. I'll hopefully be moving to Knoxville TN this summer and I'm worried about not being able to drive right away and not knowing anybody but my husband and his family. However a quick online search lead me to meetup.com where you can search via your location and interests and find other like minded people. It might help put your mind at rest. And talk to your husband so that he knows your worries and can help when you're there. I'm sure his friends at work have wives and children who he can introduce you to. It really is something that you want to look at as an adventure. Good luck! xx
Old Feb 28th 2011, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

loopijuice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am also looking at moving with my husbands job to Greensboro NC in the summer of this year and agree, it is a little daunting, we are due for a visit in March and I also have two children 4.5 and 2.5. I have just been looking at the meetup.com and found it really good, have already located a few kiddie groups within the area - have a look