Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:58 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Last Saturday, a letter from the INS arrived!

Naturally, we were very curious whether it would contain the long awaited word... APPROVED!

But no, it was only a form, accompanied by a sheet with examples of photos that will be rejected,
telling me that the photos we submitted with the I-485 application (AOS) were wrong.

Apparently, I was so bold as to wear my glasses (hey! I wear glasses, what can I say?) and they want photos without them!

So, we took a closer look at the original filing instructions, and the instructions on the enclosed form.... Nothing!
Just a handwritten note, encircled: No earrings, No glasses...

We had new pictures taken and mailed them the same day.
And we wait....
Old Aug 19th 2002, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Originally posted by Petra:
Last Saturday, a letter from the INS arrived!

Naturally, we were very curious whether it would contain the long awaited word... APPROVED!

But no, it was only a form, accompanied by a sheet with examples of photos that will be rejected,
telling me that the photos we submitted with the I-485 application (AOS) were wrong.

Apparently, I was so bold as to wear my glasses (hey! I wear glasses, what can I say?) and they want photos without them!
Damn sorry that your letter wasn't the "one". I do recall that it was in the insructions for the ADIT photos that no earrings and/or glasses were to be worn. At least that is how I remember it and Jim had all of his ADIT photos for the K-1 and subsequent AOS done without his glasses on.

Hey look at it this way: At least your petition is being worked on by someone. That means it is still active and not sitting in a pile under a mushroom patch.

Rete
Old Aug 19th 2002, 4:09 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Too bad you cannot copy-paste from the PDF forms on the INS website... I re-typed what it says about photos in the instructions of the I-485:

Photos
Submit two (2) identical natural color photographs of yourself, taken within 30 days of the application. Photos must have a white background, be unmounted, printed on thin paper and be glossy and unretouched. They must show a three quarter frontal profile showing the right side of your face, with your right ear visible and with your head bare. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member. The photos must be no larger than 2x2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches. Lightly print your A# (or your name if you have no A#) on the back of each photo, using a pencil.

You see? Nothing about earrings and/or glasses...
Old Aug 19th 2002, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I believed you to start with ;-) We just went by the instructions for the ADIT photos when we started in 1998 and all of Jim's photos are without glasses. You followed their instructions and wham! they got ya.

Rete

Too bad you cannot copy-paste from the PDF forms on the INS website... I re-typed what it says about photos in the instructions of the I-485:

Photos
Submit two (2) identical natural color photographs of yourself, taken within 30 days of the application. Photos must have a white background, be unmounted, printed on thin paper and be glossy and unretouched. They must show a three quarter frontal profile showing the right side of your face, with your right ear visible and with your head bare. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member. The photos must be no larger than 2x2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches. Lightly print your A# (or your name if you have no A#) on the back of each photo, using a pencil.

You see? Nothing about earrings and/or glasses...
Old Aug 19th 2002, 9:08 pm
Steve

Exact same thing happened here...got RFE and they sent the photo specs...I read it
word for word, and nothing about not wearing glasses!

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Petra:
    > > Last Saturday, a letter from the INS arrived!
    > >
    > > Naturally, we were very curious whether it would contain the long awaited word...
    > > APPROVED!
    > >
    > > But no, it was only a form, accompanied by a sheet with examples of photos that
    > > will be rejected, telling me that the photos we submitted with the I-485
    > > application (AOS) were wrong.
    > >
    > > Apparently, I was so bold as to wear my glasses (hey! I wear glasses, what can I
    > > say?) and they want photos without them!
    > >
    > >
    > Damn sorry that your letter wasn't the "one". I do recall that it was in the
    > insructions for the ADIT photos that no earrings and/or glasses were to be worn.
    > At least that is how I remember it and Jim had all of his ADIT photos for the K-1
    > and subsequent AOS done without his glasses on.
    > Hey look at it this way: At least your petition is being worked on by someone.
    > That means it is still active and not sitting in a pile under a mushroom patch.
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 20th 2002, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

A--O-uta S-ite Petra you can play cut or copy/paste with PDF's~~~

You can select text or a graphic in a PDF document, copy it to the Clipboard,and paste it into a document in another application such as a word processor.
You can also paste text into a PDF document note or into a bookmark.Once the selected text or graphic is on the Clipboard, you can switch to another application and paste it into another document.

You can put your glasses on now.
Old Aug 20th 2002, 12:19 pm
Mrs. Yank

Yep, got my glasses on again *looking very smart*
I can't seem to select anything in a PDF document, unless it's one that I'm making myself!
I have the full version of Acrobat (5.0) it even makes fillable forms etc.!
But.... Apparently simply copy-paste is not something I've mastered!
Tara, please teach me?