Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Let's see your pets!

Let's see your pets!

Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

kubwasana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Love at first sight!

Just been checking out Kensington (That expression wuld surely melt any heart!). the Pyrrhenian pups, the bright-eyed and cuddly Billie and Bertie, not to mention Maverick and Miramar) nut once again it raises that question never far from my mind I can understand some people not wishing to own animals because they don't care for them, but how, for heaven's sake, can any decent person neglect or maltreat creatures of such beauty and charm who offer such remarkable loyalty, companionship and affection in return for so little.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 11:05 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

My little dog Sadie (and the Birdhouse Gourds that I grow in the summer)
Old Aug 25th 2003, 11:06 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Forgot the flippin pic.....
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your pets!-sadie-2002.jpg  
Old Aug 25th 2003, 11:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fellow Chicagoan

Originally posted by Maggs
This is our other mutt called Kensington. This photo was taken just after he was groomed with a very dangerous powershaver!! We asked for his coat to be short because of the heat! Would you believe he is usually a very fine looking Golden Retriever?? Poor dog!

Maggie
I knew there had to be at least one other UK person in the area. North west Chicago - have you been to Gaelic Import at all on Austin? From your timline it looks as though you have only just arrived. Is this right? Do get some warm clothes for winter!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:42 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

This was my daft golden retriever Barney. He was born with cataracts and the op to take out the clouded lenses left the surface of his eyes scarred, so then he had cloudy and blurred vision. This didn't stop him from running through the woods like a crazy thing, even though he would occasionally crash into a tree or post. Thankfully he never injured himself. He was the kind of dog that, no matter how many operations he had had at the vets, he was always pleased to go there and see him, and would do his best to try and lick him to death. I really loved him, and miss him.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your pets!-barney.jpg  
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:48 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fellow Chicagoan

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
I knew there had to be at least one other UK person in the area. North west Chicago - have you been to Gaelic Import at all on Austin? From your timline it looks as though you have only just arrived. Is this right? Do get some warm clothes for winter!
Hi
Yes, just arrived on 10th July. I've brought some warm clothes from when I was here in Feb...very cold!! Nostril hair frozen!!

No I haven't been to Gaelic Import yet... still trying to find my way around the area, driving, accents (!) hairdressers, dog grooming, you know all the important stuff!!!!! Where is Austin and what type of things does it sell, apart from gaelic things of course!?

Maggie
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fellow Chicagoan

Originally posted by Maggs
Hi
Yes, just arrived on 10th July. I've brought some warm clothes from when I was here in Feb...very cold!! Nostril hair frozen!!

No I haven't been to Gaelic Import yet... still trying to find my way around the area, driving, accents (!) hairdressers, dog grooming, you know all the important stuff!!!!! Where is Austin and what type of things does it sell, apart from gaelic things of course!?

Maggie

Austin Avenue runs north/south (as do pretty much all the "Avenues") and is at 6000West (on the grid system). Gaelic Imports is a small shop at 4736 N. Austin (on the west side of Austin, just south of Lawrence). It's not terribly gaelic really, except for a few shamrock-type items, but the owners seem to be a mixture of Irish and Scots. They sell all the sweets and biscuits, Ribena, etc., powdered and tinned soups etc., Ambrosia rice, sauces and pickles, marmite and jams, fish paste etc. etc. etc. You can also get English-style sausages, sausage rolls, Cornish pasties, and at Christmas you can get Christmas puddings, etc.

Next season coming along is Autumn, the best time of the year around here. Great sunny weather, not hot, not cold. Make the most of it. Is it just you and your husband here, or children too?

All the best,
Juliet
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:21 pm
Fm Mitcham 2 Clearwater F

Slartibartfast has a spectacular aura aboutSlartibartfast has a spectacular aura aboutSlartibartfast has a spectacular aura about

Ok My turn, can't be left out. Meet Spooky and Buffy - London Cats soon to be Floridian cats.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your pets!-cats.jpg  
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

kubwasana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's MAGIC!

.... Ribena, powdered and tinned soups etc., Ambrosia rice, marmite...fish paste etc

WOW! It really WAS worth going all that way! For you, anyway. I'd go that distance to get AWAY from those goodies!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:10 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slartibartfast
Ok My turn, can't be left out. Meet Spooky and Buffy - London Cats soon to be Floridian cats.
My God! Could that picture have been any bigger!? Those two pusses are practically lifesize!!!!

Scared the bejasus out of my two here on the desk!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:24 pm

Default Re: It's MAGIC!

Originally posted by kubwasana
.... Ribena, powdered and tinned soups etc., Ambrosia rice, marmite...fish paste etc

WOW! It really WAS worth going all that way! For you, anyway. I'd go that distance to get AWAY from those goodies!

Hey, I said this is what the shop has. I didn't say you had to eat any of it. As far as I'm concerned, he who is tired of Marmite and Flake is tired of life. Besides, I didn't come all this way for the fish paste - I came all this way for the Budweiser, or possibly the Miller Lite. Hard to choose between them.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:34 am

Slartibartfast has a spectacular aura aboutSlartibartfast has a spectacular aura aboutSlartibartfast has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by tbiller
My God! Could that picture have been any bigger!? Those two pusses are practically lifesize!!!!

Scared the bejasus out of my two here on the desk!
hehe sorry mate, wow that photo was a bit on the enormous size! :scared:
Old Aug 29th 2003, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

Slartibartfast - what beautiful cats. What are they? The paler one on the right has the look of a Burmese about her (it is a her isn't it)?
Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:45 pm

Originally posted by catswhiskers
Slartibartfast - what beautiful cats. What are they? The paler one on the right has the look of a Burmese about her (it is a her isn't it)?
Hi Cats,

Glad you enjoyed the LARGE pic! They're both Cornish Rex. My wife is allergic to cats and these don't have the hairs that bring out the allergies in most people. You're right it is a her, that's buffy and the other is spooky!

dave
Old Oct 17th 2003, 7:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

took this one last night of Stubs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.