British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Lets hear for Tennis/ Murray (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/lets-hear-tennis-murray-356243/)

tony126 Feb 20th 2006 1:31 am

Lets hear for Tennis/ Murray

Not only beat Roddick to get to the final but has beaten Hewitt in the final. I do not play the game myself but well done.

Patrick Feb 20th 2006 1:39 am

Re: Lets hear for Tennis/ Murray

Originally Posted by tony126
Not only beat Roddick to get to the final but has beaten Hewitt in the final. I do not play the game myself but well done.

He was known as "Scotish tennis player Murray" yesterday, tomorrow he will be "British tennis player Murray"

tony126 Feb 20th 2006 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Patrick
He was known as "Scotish tennis player Murray" yesterday, tomorrow he will be "British tennis player Murray"

But of course :D

Guggler Feb 20th 2006 2:33 am

Fantasic run of results for Andy.

Bob Feb 20th 2006 5:36 am

Two complete tw@s get beaten and I missed it...oh well :D

paul_TX Feb 20th 2006 2:27 pm

He will be British no.1 if he does well in this week. Henman is now ranked 40, Rusedski is 43 and Murray is 47.

Also, did you know....he was at school in Dunblane on the day of the massacre. Murray was eight years old when gunman Thomas Hamilton walked into his school and shot dead 16 children and a teacher in 1996. He was hiding in one of the classrooms with his Headmaster. Interviewers have tried to ask him about it but he refuses to talk about it.

Good for him....on both counts!! :beer:

Ray Feb 20th 2006 2:46 pm

I used to like Murray when he was doing the Grand Prix and other motor racing events for the BBC...

TruBrit Feb 20th 2006 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by paul_TX
He will be British no.1 if he does well in this week. Henman is now ranked 40, Rusedski is 43 and Murray is 47.

Also, did you know....he was at school in Dunblane on the day of the massacre. Murray was eight years old when gunman Thomas Hamilton walked into his school and shot dead 16 children and a teacher in 1996. He was hiding in one of the classrooms with his Headmaster. Interviewers have tried to ask him about it but he refuses to talk about it.

Good for him....on both counts!! :beer:

andy did well.....i'll be at wimbledon again this yr to cheer him on....maybe it'll be cheerio to tiger tim :rolleyes: