Reload this Page >

Less time on H1B

Less time on H1B

Old Aug 18th 2002, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

abcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Less time on H1B

Folks,
This board had been great help to me, and I am here again seeking suggestions.

In my new job, my H1B will expire on 19th april 2004. I talked with company folks and they told me that in principal they have no problem in starting geen card processing for me, however as it is a costly affair for a small company so before starting that they want to check on my work performance etc.

As I have time crunch on my hands, please tell me, by when my GC processing, at least need to start, so I can continue my life in US.

Thanks for reading my case.
Old Aug 18th 2002, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Less time on H1B

Originally posted by abcd:
Folks,
This board had been great help to me, and I am here again seeking suggestions.

In my new job, my H1B will expire on 19th april 2004. I talked with company folks and they told me that in principal they have no problem in starting geen card processing for me, however as it is a costly affair for a small company so before starting that they want to check on my work performance etc.

As I have time crunch on my hands, please tell me, by when my GC processing, at least need to start, so I can continue my life in US.

Thanks for reading my case.
Is this your first h1b? Or is this the last three extension? If not then you have plenty of time. If you have extended it once already, you should start green card process early 2003. The INS laws and regulations change so often I can't keep up with it. All I know is that if your labor cert has been pending for 365 days you can extend your h1b an extra year once it expires.
Old Aug 18th 2002, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

abcd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. I will be finishing my 6 years on 19th Ap 2004.

Originally posted by mailmena:

Is this your first h1b? Or is this the last three extension? If not then you have plenty of time. If you have extended it once already, you should start green card process early 2003. The INS laws and regulations change so often I can't keep up with it. All I know is that if your labor cert has been pending for 365 days you can extend your h1b an extra year once it expires.
Old Aug 18th 2002, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

** If they had daubt about your skill set or performance then why they called you on H1B visa? this is just a delay tactic from your Employer, the other posting suggests you that you have PENELY OF TIME, do you know that immigration law is being changed everyday? you do not know when they will change the immgration law in future, better request your employer to start your GC first step that is LC immidiatly in RIR, do you know that in some states it takes 2 years just to cler first step of GC ?
once you have your GC cleared then you have to file for I-140+ I-485 and it is taking around minimum 1-2 years to get final GC.

regarding the cost of lawyer for GC is almost the same it is diffrence of only 200 to 500$ depending on lawyer.

You should request the company to immidiatly start your GC process or file your LC in RIR, you have the benifits once your LC is filled, in simple terms your PRoirty Dade (PD) will be locked and in future the backlog in happen for certain countries, better have atleast your PD
Some will post that PERM programme is coming in few months and you will be able to get your LC cleared in about one month, but since last 3 years we are listning about this PERM and nothing has come out, do not wait start immidiatly.

Good Luck!!