British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Les Cabres Fingres (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/les-cabres-fingres-413736/)

Sarah Dec 15th 2006 4:33 am

Les Cabres Fingres

In case anyone is interested.....Walmart is selling Christmas tins of Cabury's Fingers imported from the UK......they taste the same, they taste exactly the same...:D

Sally Dec 15th 2006 4:39 am

Re: Les Cabres Fingres

Originally Posted by Sarah
In case anyone is interested.....Walmart is selling Christmas tins of Cabury's Fingers imported from the UK......they taste the same, they taste exactly the same...:D

thanks for the tip-off :)

dbj1000 Dec 15th 2006 4:50 am

Not the first time, and certainly not the last time that Walmart has given the finger to its customers.

...although being Walmart, they don't give you the finger... they sell it to you at a low, low price.

anabella Dec 15th 2006 2:34 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... :)

anotherlimey Dec 15th 2006 2:35 pm

How many cases did you buy?

I'm just going to ask for the entire shipping pallet.

TruBrit Dec 15th 2006 2:44 pm

and they have them in white chocolate so our local ad states... ;)

Jerseygirl Dec 15th 2006 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and they have them in white chocolate so our local ad states... ;)

We have dark, milk and white chocolate in an assorted box. My local supermarket also sells the large round tins of Cadbury's biscuits.

jumping doris Dec 15th 2006 5:19 pm

Our local WalMart is selling Cadburys christmas version of mini eggs. They tasted lovely even though I don't think they were made in the UK. I'll have to get more and check the country of origin.
Ironically I'm off to Hershey tomorrow, primarily to watch our high school football team but we are also going to do all the Hershey things....except eat the chocolate. (where's the vomit smiley when you need it)

Sarah Dec 15th 2006 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Our local WalMart is selling Cadburys christmas version of mini eggs. They tasted lovely even though I don't think they were made in the UK. I'll have to get more and check the country of origin.
Ironically I'm off to Hershey tomorrow, primarily to watch our high school football team but we are also going to do all the Hershey things....except eat the chocolate. (where's the vomit smiley when you need it)

If you can get over the fact that its way too expensive for what it is, it's not a bad day out. The choc still tastes like hair oil though. Walk round HersheyLand with all your family munching loudly on Cabury's chocs, shouting, "whats this Hershey shite? I thought it was dogfood!"

NC Penguin Dec 15th 2006 5:42 pm

I found that my local Costco sells something very similar to Cadburys Fingers but they're Italian and in a silver tin. I'm giving a tin to some Anglophile friends as part of their Christmas present.

NC Penguin

jumping doris Dec 15th 2006 6:07 pm

If you can get over the fact that its way too expensive for what it is, it's not a bad day out. The choc still tastes like hair oil though. Walk round HersheyLand with all your family munching loudly on Cabury's chocs, shouting, "whats this Hershey shite? I thought it was dogfood!"

It does taste like something that might come out of the rear end of a dog.

robskatie Dec 15th 2006 10:50 pm

I do love a finger, how much were they Sarah?

ladygwennie Dec 15th 2006 11:10 pm

*drool* I will have to see if i want to venture into the craziness of xmas walmart, but mmmmm I really want em

Sarah Dec 16th 2006 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by robskatie
I do love a finger, how much were they Sarah?

They were $4.60 they come in a proper tin with white choc, dark choc and milk choc fingers. Looks a bit like this, (but metal not plastic)

http://www.lloretguia.com/0/englishfood/foto/225.jpg

blaze Dec 16th 2006 8:11 pm

They were $4.60 they come in a proper tin with white choc, dark choc and milk choc fingers. Looks a bit like this, (but metal not plastic)

http://www.lloretguia.com/0/englishfood/foto/225.jpg

They had the big tins for $5.99 last time I was in there.