Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Legal Recruitment in New York

Legal Recruitment in New York

Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Recruitment in New York

Originally Posted by uklawyer
I have read so much about this over the last couple of days I am getting them all confused.
Oh dear... this doesn't bode well for your future as an attorney in the US.

My post is regarding legal recruitment and how it works over there, not visa issues.
Snippy little thing, aren't you? This is a public forum - you get the responses you get, and you're not the one who gets to decide content.

Here's a hint: if you want good information, you need to give good information. You gave poor information from the beginning and so the responses you got contained poor information. This is hardly our fault.

Ian
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just like any professional these days, it's all about networking...if you've got any contacts, tap them up.

LinkedIn.com and local work meets are your best bet.

Put it this way, if a company has a hundred relevant and qualified people, why would they pursue someone who doesn't have relevant experience and went through a agent who will be looking for a 30% of salary as a finders fee?

Cutting out the middle man will help you out a lot....having someone that can put your resume in front of the relevant person will also help give you a big chance because chances are, your resume won't even make it out of the HR office, especially when a EAD has a expiration date of 1-2 years, that shouldn't make a difference, but the reality is that it does these days.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:09 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uklawyer
...My post is regarding legal recruitment and how it works over there, not visa issues.

Any helpful insights are welcome. Anything relating to visas now, is not. Thank you for good intentions though.
The funny thing is, nobody give a toss what you want from this thread, because you're in no position to demand the kind of replies that you want.

What you're getting is the kind of comprehensive, broad-based responses that any good internet board will provide. You can't edit, control or dictate the replies you get.

Stop being a pompous asshole, and perhaps you'll get more of the kind of replies you think you're entitled to.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
The funny thing is, nobody give a toss what you want from this thread, because you're in no position to demand the kind of replies that you want.

What you're getting is the kind of comprehensive, broad-based responses that any good internet board will provide. You can't edit, control or dictate the replies you get.

Stop being a pompous asshole, and perhaps you'll get more of the kind of replies you think you're entitled to.
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

I was wondering where you've been!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

uklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really niceuklawyer is just really nice

Thank you for the additional helpful replies, particulalrly Bob.

Apologies for the initial confusion, I probably got off on the wrong foot (Meauxna and BritishGuy amongst others).

DBJ - I've seen your posts on other threads. I am not even going to bother engaging.

Thanks all again.