Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Leaving my condo in trust to my children

Leaving my condo in trust to my children

Old Jun 10th 2017, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

sarahusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving my condo in trust to my children

Hi, I own a condo in Florida and wondered if it was possible to leave it in trust for my children? Will the value of it
be included in my estate when I die
Old Jun 10th 2017, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Leaving my condo in trust to my children

I am not a tax guy but if you are a non-resident(of the US) the taxes of you estate in the US can be high.http://www.jpmfinancialservices.com/...teTaxation.pdf
Old Jun 10th 2017, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond repute

If you are domiciled within the United Kingdom creating a US trust could give rise to an immediate and future 10 yearly IHT charges.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahusa
Hi, I own a condo in Florida and wondered if it was possible to leave it in trust for my children? Will the value of it
be included in my estate when I die
Where do you live?/ Where are you subject to tax?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

sarahusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Where do you live?/ Where are you subject to tax?
I live in the UK and spend around 3 months in Florida