Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Leave to remove application

Leave to remove application

Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:36 pm
yodayoda123

jshilde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leave to remove application

Not if people have experience. The lawyer gives an estimate. I wanted others experiences.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:38 pm
TMR
Account Closed

TMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond repute

It won't help since it's really dependent on the local court you're filing with. The one I normally use lists after 28 days.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jshilde
Not if people have experience. The lawyer gives an estimate. I wanted others experiences.
Which would be in different courts, and quite possibly in very different circumstances, and therefore of less relevance to you than an estimate from your solicitor who is familiar with the court and judge who will handle your case.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:41 pm
yodayoda123

That's good to know. Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:42 pm
TMR
Account Closed

TMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond reputeTMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Which would be in different courts, and quite possibly in very different circumstances, and therefore of less relevance to you than an estimate from your solicitor who is familiar with the court and judge who will handle your case.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:44 pm
TMR
Account Closed

That's good to know. Thanks for the help.
It's useless to you. Your local family court could list after 3 months for all we know. Ask your solicitor!
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:46 pm
yodayoda123

No need to be rude.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:47 pm
TMR
Account Closed

How is that rude?

Incidentally you have an absolute mountain to climb if he fights this. I hope you realise that. Asking people on the internet for advice that won't help isn't the way forward.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:05 pm
yodayoda123

You need to get out more if this is all you can say when someone is asking for help. If you have nothing positive to say or just want to me rude - don't say anything at all.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:07 pm
yodayoda123

As I said - asking about similar situations is what it was about. Get off your high horse.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get out more if this is all you can say when someone is asking for help. If you have nothing positive to say or just want to me rude - don't say anything at all.
As I said - asking about similar situations is what it was about. Get off your high horse.
No-one is being rude...your questions are being answered to the best of our ability. If you have hired a top notch lawyer...he/she should be able to answer your questions with greater accuracy than someone giving you free advice on an Internet forum. If your lawyer can't advise you...then maybe another lawyer can. After all they will have experience of courts in your area. As others have said...the timescale will vary depending on the court/area...so someone else's case will not really help you.

Good luck.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:21 pm
TMR
Account Closed

You seem to forget that I'm a solicitor who has actually handled these cases. Being rude involves rejecting the advice given. I've told you what to do and what may be involved. You did not ask for similar experiences, you asked a specific question which was duly answered (and not just by me).

You may wish to climb off that high horse yourself. I could in fact say more about your case which may or may not be useful, but I'll leave it to others.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:26 pm
yodayoda123

Thanks all. Advice taken and I'll continue with my lawyer rather that forums. Thanks again.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 11:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. Advice taken and I'll continue with my lawyer rather that forums. Thanks again.
You're welcome.