Reload this Page >

LCA lost w/o a trace

LCA lost w/o a trace

Old Jul 20th 2002, 2:02 am
Just Joined

spraw00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LCA lost w/o a trace

Has anyone experienced this before?
My Labor Cert. papers went from State to Federal a few months back. I called up Chicago – Federal Labor office for the status check and guess what!! They tell me that there is no application by the Employee name nor Employer name.
I called Michigan (State LC) They however say that they have already sent it to Chicago.

Does anyone know what this means? What is the success rate when something like this happens? Is this Green Card worth pursuing (I am taking the tab for the Attorneys fees)
Do I proceed with the rest of the process and how?
The strange thing is that my Attorney kept misleading me all the time on this. Would you recommend I change my Attorney at this time?
Old Jul 20th 2002, 10:20 pm
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: LCA lost w/o a trace

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:20:03 -0700, spraw00 wrote:

> Has anyone experienced this before? My Labor Cert. papers went from State to
    > Federal a few months back. I called up Chicago – Federal Labor office for the
    > status check and guess what!! They tell me that there is no application by the
    > Employee name nor Employer name. I called Michigan (State LC) They however say that
    > they have already sent it to Chicago.
    >
    > Does anyone know what this means? What is the success rate when something like this
    > happens? Is this Green Card worth pursuing (I am taking the tab for the Attorneys
    > fees) Do I proceed with the rest of the process and how? The strange thing is that
    > my Attorney kept misleading me all the time on this. Would you recommend I change
    > my Attorney at this time?

Contact your Congressperson for assistance.

Ingo

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Pardon me for my ignorance!
How can a congressman help on this?
Just wanted to be sure - so I don't screw up more than it already is....
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 8:20 am
Ingo Pakleppa

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 22:20:02 -0700, spraw00 wrote:

> Pardon me for my ignorance! How can a congressman help on this? Just wanted to be
    > sure - so I don't screw up more than it already is....

A Congressman's job is to represent his constitutents (that is you - not just US
citizens, but everybody who lives in his district) against the executive branch of
government (in this case, Department of Justice and the INS).

More specifically, Congresspeople have special contacts with most US government
agencies. In the case of the INS, there are congressional liasons in all INS offices.
These are people who do nothing but communicate with Congresspeople and research
cases on their behalf. The Congressperson himself will have somebody on staff who
handles requests for assistance from constituents. Since INS problems account for 25%
to 50% of all requests for assistance, there often is somebody on staff who does
nothing but work INS assistance cases.

So between the Congressman's staffer and the INS congressional liason, you'd have
two fairly high-level people involved with resolving your case. Of course, first
you'd have to convince them that your case is not just the regular run-of-the-mill
delay, but rather that your case really did get lost and is unusual. Congresspeople
cannot assist millions of people, they have to focus their resources on the
problematic cases.

P.S.: what I wrote applies to the INS, but I'm sure that something similar
applies to DOL.

Ingo

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that input Ingo