Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Law Would Ban IPods When Crossing Street

Law Would Ban IPods When Crossing Street

Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:41 pm
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all
Default Re: Law Would Ban IPods When Crossing Street

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
You may just cause a wee bit of ruckus when you try open that window.
But probably less disruptive than the iPod!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
The main thing I don't understand about this is why aren't jaywalking laws sufficient? Surely if you're in a crosswalk with the right of way it shouldn't make any difference what you're doing, and in theory you shouldn't cross at other times (yes, I know it's not enforced in NY but still, why not enforce that instead?).
Well it makes the senator seem like he's busy and doing something about it...even if he is a plonker
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
But probably less disruptive than the iPod!
It's Apple we have to blame for the world to collapse under stupid people
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:44 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the music is distracting and leads to not paying attention to what you are doing.. Some years ago I was walking around Prague on my own listening to music on my walkman and I was hit by a tram.. I was lucky to just get some bruises, but I am certain that it wouldn't have happened had I not been listening to music.. somehow you do forget to pay attention if this makes any sense..
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:52 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Too bad they can't make a law mandating common sense.
I say this is all part of Darwin's Natural Selection. Things like this helps to weed out the idiots to keep them from reproducing. If you don't have enough sense to not walk in from of a car when listening to an MP3 player, you are probably in the shallow end of the gene pool.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:54 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
I say this is all part of Darwin's Natural Selection. Things like this helps to weed out the idiots to keep them from reproducing. If you don't have enough sense to not walk in from of a car when listening to an MP3 player, you are probably in the shallow end of the gene pool.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:00 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
I nearly posted the exact same thing.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by anabella
I agree that the music is distracting and leads to not paying attention to what you are doing.. Some years ago I was walking around Prague on my own listening to music on my walkman and I was hit by a tram.. I was lucky to just get some bruises, but I am certain that it wouldn't have happened had I not been listening to music.. somehow you do forget to pay attention if this makes any sense..
then it's your own fault, and shouldn't be a law about it...that's why your supposed to be looking where your going
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:17 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
then it's your own fault, and shouldn't be a law about it...that's why your supposed to be looking where your going
How do you know that the tram driver wasn't listening to an i-pod too ???

Ban them all and lock steve jobs up
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:20 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Driver?

I thought "tram" was a baby stroller in Brit speak? This might change the way I invisioned the incident in my mind.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Driver?

I thought "tram" was a baby stroller in Brit speak? This might change the way I invisioned the incident in my mind.
lol we call it a push chair
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
lol we call it a push chair
Or Pram not Tram.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:24 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by britvic
Or Pram not Tram.
PRAM! That's it!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:37 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I know it was my own fault! and I don't agree with having a law about it but I understand what they are saying about the distraction..

And this law thing is probably a way of taking the attention of other matters.. what, I don't know but governments do it all the time.. they'll be talking about f*** on the news for several days or weeks while they raise taxes or change other things that most people wouldn't agree with.. we are just treated like moppets no matter where we are though in this country it seems more obvious.. :curse: .. you only have to watch the news to see this clearly.. they only talk about rubbish, never anything important..
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Driver?

perambulator....tram's the thing they have up north or in amsterdam...where women are meant to get their heels caught for everyone's amusement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.