Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Latest Scouse Word.....

Latest Scouse Word.....

Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Latest Scouse Word.....

just want to share with you my biggest goof of all times....it happened yesterday. we are selling a house here in houston and the realtor is a bit past his sell by date and we kinda feel sorry for him anyway he's been messing me about lately re appointments etc. yesterday i received an email from him and i promptly forwarded it (or so i though to my hubs) along with a note to hubs saying 'he's (and i used the agents name) a complete ar**hole' anyway instead of hitting the forward key i hit the reply and yep it went to the realtor...omg i could have died, i was trying to crawl into the computer to retrieve it...sure enough 10 mins later back comes an email from the realtor saying that he wasn't sure who the email was intended for but how disappointed he is that i feel that way about him blah blah blah...anyway i was so embarrassed as i'd never be rude to anyone like that unless seriously provoked so i thought and thought what could i do and told him that the word ar**hole is an english scouse slang word meaning someone who works their butt off just like him....omg seems he fell for it coz he's being nice today and says he can use this word when he meets other brits . and so my friends out there if you ever meet a houstonian realtor who tells you they are an ar**hole you'll know where it originated....
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:03 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Scouse Word.....

Originally Posted by TruBrit
just want to share with you my biggest goof of all times....it happened yesterday. we are selling a house here in houston and the realtor is a bit past his sell by date and we kinda feel sorry for him anyway he's been messing me about lately re appointments etc. yesterday i received an email from him and i promptly forwarded it (or so i though to my hubs) along with a note to hubs saying 'he's (and i used the agents name) a complete ar**hole' anyway instead of hitting the forward key i hit the reply and yep it went to the realtor...omg i could have died, i was trying to crawl into the computer to retrieve it...sure enough 10 mins later back comes an email from the realtor saying that he wasn't sure who the email was intended for but how disappointed he is that i feel that way about him blah blah blah...anyway i was so embarrassed as i'd never be rude to anyone like that unless seriously provoked so i thought and thought what could i do and told him that the word ar**hole is an english scouse slang word meaning someone who works their butt off just like him....omg seems he fell for it coz he's being nice today and says he can use this word when he meets other brits . and so my friends out there if you ever meet a houstonian realtor who tells you they are an ar**hole you'll know where it originated....
eek
poor you
that's really making me cringe.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Very funny story.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:09 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you didn't call him a muthaf**ker
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Lucky you didn't call him a muthaf**ker
exactly...i still feel so bad about it....but i guess it could have been worse, hope he doesn't use the word though
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Very funny story.
hey jersey i wish it was a story and not true
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:16 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

If he fell for that then he probably is an AHole.

Last edited by britontour; Mar 29th 2006 at 6:25 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britontour
If he fell for that then he probably is and AHole.

lol that's made me feel better.....coz i always thought he was but now i know
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

hey jersey i wish it was a story and not true
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was fabricated.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe he fell for it, he's probably just saying that so he can still get his commission from you
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was fabricated.

silly billy i know that
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mickmills
I cant believe he fell for it, he's probably just saying that so he can still get his commission from you
he's gotta sell it yet
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

silly billy i know that
I knew you knew.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

I knew you knew.

lol and i knew you really knew
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

lol and i knew you really knew
Do you think heels go with scrubs 'cos I'd hate to have to wear those nasty white lace ups?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.