Last Night

Old Jul 31st 2015, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

WhyteBoar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last Night

I was home alone on my last night as my husband had travelled to Phoenix six weeks before my journey. I had spent the day overseeing the final inspection of our house, carpet cleaning and the sale of our last electronics.

By the time everything was finished I ordered a curry and ate it in my garden chair in the middle of the lounge with 'slippers' over my shoes as the carpet was still wet. It was an amazing curry.

We had said out goodbyes to our friends together before my husband's flight and I had made a few last minute trips afterwards to family and close friends. I had made a list of everything I wanted to do before I moved and managed to fit in everything apart from two or three things.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute

Our last night in Denmark was spent in a hotel. The house was all packed and shipped. We had a meal with some friends and then to the hotel to drink the remaining booze that was not given away.

We then traveled to the UK, and stayed for two weeks with family. Last night was uneventful as we had already spent the previous time saying goodbyes. Packing suitcases and trying to sleep ready for the early drive to the airport in the morning.

Uneventful and in no way as exciting as I think people would expect it to be.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond repute

It's our last night tonight!

Said goodbye to my parents yesterday afternoon and spent the evening at a restaurant with friends.

Today my SiL picked us up and took us to the in law's where we're staying tonight. Went to Goodison to watch Duncan Ferguson's testimonial then back to the family club for a few drinks. It's now 11pm and I've just finished the last of the packing. I'm sitting on the sofa with a glass of red before bed. Being picked up at 8am for flight via Dublin to Chicago.

See you all on the other side
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 10:15 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loubiblu

Said goodbye to my parents yesterday afternoon and spent the evening at a restaurant with friends.

Today my SiL picked us up and took us to the in law's where we're staying tonight. Went to Goodison to watch Duncan Ferguson's testimonial then back to the family club for a few drinks. It's now 11pm and I've just finished the last of the packing. I'm sitting on the sofa with a glass of red before bed. Being picked up at 8am for flight via Dublin to Chicago.

Safe travels & happy landings!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

It's our last night tonight!:

Looking forward to hearing about your first days.

We should be flying on the 23rd - heading up to Scotland to say goodbye to my family this week.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:10 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels and best wishes for life over here.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels, and enjoy your new life in the US.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daccs
What has everyone else done on the last night(s) before moving?

Thanks
Dave
On my last night in Northampton I was packing until about 2am and making sure I had sorted everything out. I was leaving a bunch of stuff for my in-laws to deal with after we were gone and my husband had already left for the US 3 weeks earlier. I was left dealing with 2 kids and packing up our house stuff. I was ready for a stiff drink but didn't get one until my 2nd night in the US. My last night in the UK was spent at a hotel at Gatwick after traveling down with my kids, in-laws and brother in law. I slept on a very uncomfortable pullout bed and didn't get a decent sleep for almost 30 hours. You can't really sleep on a plane when you have a 4 year old and a 6 year old to look after.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daccs

What has everyone else done on the last night(s) before moving?
We told everyone( with one exception) we were leaving two days before we actually did. As our parents were dead, there was only immediate family ,friends and neighbours and we had said farewells over the previous week or so. Movers came Monday, packed everything and shipped to their store - we were having container shipped later once we'd decided where to live! - Tuesday , cleaned house, got rid of last rubbish etc and camped out for the night - our buyers were having the beds so that helped! wednesday morning, returned hire car , locked up , keys to Estate Agent for handing to buyers on Thursday once sale completed and moved to local hotel. Thursday, checked sale monies in bank, transferred to UK branch of Philippine bank, last bit of shopping etc, nice farewell dinner with our best friends. Friday morning, Emirates limo picked us up from Hotel, took us to birmingham airport , left lunchtime, arrived here Saturday lunchtime. no tears , no rushing around , no stress and celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary at 34,000ft with champagne!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 9:29 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

even though we lived locally to heathrow, with a totally empty house we just went to a hotel the last night and had an early night (as the flight the next day was early and we had 2 very small kiddos to deal with too).

to be honest - the stress of the last day of packing as they were asking me questions constantly as to what was going in the air freight pile (all costs covered by reloc) and what wasn't, and then finding at the end that we had to take some out of the air pile as it wouldn't all fit, and realizing we needed a last minute rubbish clearing company as we still were throwing up a large rubbish pile we couldn't get in a wheelie bin, and then after they had driven off finding they had missed a few kitchen cupboards entirely etc etc - plus cleaning up, and saying last minute goodbyes to the daycare when picking up the kiddos etc, - i was exhausted and wanted to go lie down quietly anyway lol