Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Larson's lodge Kissimmee

Larson's lodge Kissimmee

Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default Larson's lodge Kissimmee

Hi I would just like to ask if Larson's logde at Kissimmee is still going and if not what has happened to it?
We stayed their a few times in the nineties with the last time in 2000.
I did a search on Google but came up with nothing. Next door was a water park if I remember correctly.
Thanks in advance. Stuart.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:46 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Larson's lodge Kissimmee

I guess you didn't look very hard. Google <larsons lodge kissimee> and the top three stories are about the lodge and the waterpark. The waterpark was closed in 2005, and it looks like the whole site was redeveloped.

Edit: I'm not sure what happened to Larson's Lodge after it became a Holiday Inn.... Perhaps it is now the Super 8 at Vine & Thacker? .... Take a look at the Google satellite view and see if you recognize it.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 9th 2013 at 2:03 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Thanks for your sarcastic answer--the first 3 answers on Google are 1 Trivago hotel bookings. 2 Themepark review of watermania. 3 A youtube video of a derelict Holiday Inn in Kissimee!!
So are you always this helpful to people or have I just got you on a good day.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 3:43 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley View Post
Thanks for your sarcastic answer--the first 3 answers on Google are 1 Trivago hotel bookings. 2 Themepark review of watermania. 3 A youtube video of a derelict Holiday Inn in Kissimee!!
So are you always this helpful to people or have I just got you on a good day.
1: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum...ic.php?t=18542
2: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...es-holiday-inn
3: [not sure where the other article went ]

But the second link above, which your Google search didn't find, I think tells you much of what you want to know. Also, did you look at the Google satellite image of the Super 8? ..... you can click through to the Streetview if the satellite view looks familiar to confirm if it is the same building.

Sorry, I did not mean to offend you. . But we do get people who come here and post a question that 3 minute with Google would answer. On the face of it, your question was such a question.

Edit: A little more Googling, and it looks like the Larson's Lodge/ Holiday Inn is now a Ramada: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html. It is located at 2009 West Vine St.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 9th 2013 at 3:56 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:28 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

My local google turned up this:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...n-osceola-iris
Old Jul 11th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

My ex father in law was a headmaster in Barnsley
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:55 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Originally Posted by Nokoman View Post
My ex father in law was a headmaster in Barnsley
How interesting.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Nokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to allNokoman is a name known to all

It might be to him.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:15 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

It might be to him.
I don't recall anyone commenting in a thread about a personal detail of the OP, .... and hadn't realised the relevance until I came back again.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Well , I didn't think the thread would become an epic in the history of the internet. I noticed Barnsley and tossed in my comment. I'm sorry if I've ripped up the whole etiquette of forum banter. Naturally I'll plead guilty and take my punishment like a man
Old Jul 11th 2013, 7:01 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Well , I didn't think the thread would become an epic in the history of the internet. I noticed Barnsley and tossed in my comment. I'm sorry if I've ripped up the whole etiquette of forum banter. Naturally I'll plead guilty and take my punishment like a man
No need to apologise, we have turned off-topic posting into an art form here on BE.