Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

LAnd of the free and Halloween

LAnd of the free and Halloween

Old Oct 31st 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough
Default LAnd of the free and Halloween

Speaking of Halloween, last night as I was driving home from eating out with friends at Olive Tree on 161/Busch Blvd here in Columbus, highly recomended by the way, sorry I digress.
We drove past a 24 hour liquor store and they were having a knife and sword sale right outside it!!! On Halloween night!!! Yeah the kids had to do trick or treating last night for some reason, the TV even gave them a specific time to go, 6-8. Land of the free, my ass, land of the rules more like!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 1:37 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Oregons liquor laws are some of the strictest in the country...they have a rule that you can't drink in your own home between something like 3am and 8am.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 3:24 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LAnd of the free and Halloween

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
Speaking of Halloween, last night as I was driving home from eating out with friends at Olive Tree on 161/Busch Blvd here in Columbus, highly recomended by the way, sorry I digress.
We drove past a 24 hour liquor store and they were having a knife and sword sale right outside it!!! On Halloween night!!! Yeah the kids had to do trick or treating last night for some reason, the TV even gave them a specific time to go, 6-8. Land of the free, my ass, land of the rules more like!!!!

I'm ever hopeful that laws as rediculous as this one will eventually over time change! I'm glad we don't have anything like that here though! -- It's easy to tell the "Trick or Treaters" that you've run out of candy (or your saving the good stuff for yourself) by turning off the porch light!

2 hours.... that's only like 200 houses!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

gibbsrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LAnd of the free and Halloween

That shop has a Knife and Sword sale almost every weekend!