Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

in the land of the FREE

in the land of the FREE

Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:42 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in the land of the FREE

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I personally don't have an opion right now about smoking while driving, but there should be a federal ban on cell phone usage without a handsfree kit.

I swear on a number of occassions, if i had a shotgun on-board I would have taken out the twat in front of me's taillights in exactly the situation you describe above.

the fact that a good proportion of people in the wider area around me are so mentally challenged they can barely talk, (forget reading/writing) combining talking/navigating/driving/drinking a coke/eating a burger is a recipe for disaster
Seeing people drive while on the phone is a pet hate of mine.......what did people do before cell phone....stop at every pay phone they passed.....???
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Seeing people drive while on the phone is a pet hate of mine.......what did people do before cell phone....stop at every pay phone they passed.....???

You know what really used to irritate me- when I worked as a cashier part time at a grocery and people would be on their cell phone THE WHOLE TIME I was checking them out. THAT is rude.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:52 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You know what really used to irritate me- when I worked as a cashier part time at a grocery and people would be on their cell phone THE WHOLE TIME I was checking them out. THAT is rude.
Its kind of funny that when my husband worked at a company in the uk that tested cell phones......no-one there owned one...the answer was.....too dangerous mate....you'd not get me put of of those things next to my ear......
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
or not:

In June 2005 the Connecticut legislature passed a bill banning the use of hand-held cell phones while driving. The governor is expected to sign the legislation, which imposes fines of up to $100 for violations. In January 2004 New Jersey passed a similar to bill and in April of that year the District of Columbia (DC) followed suit. In New Jersey fines range between $100 and $250; in DC fines are $100. New York was the first state to enact such legislation in 2001. Drivers there face fines of $100 for the first violation, $200 for the second and $500 thereafter.

http://www.iii.org/media/hottopics/i...ce/cellphones/

About time..should be banned in all States. Smoking may be a mild distraction..as is listening to the radio.. but cell phone use while driving is downright dangerous.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:21 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, a novelty cigarette dispenser, must get one for the car...

Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:50 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Just out of interest, a novelty cigarette dispenser, must get one for the car...

I know they smell like they come out of a donkeys bum........
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:15 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Never actually stuck me nose near a donkeys bum. What other animals do you like?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:17 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You ought to try Camel then.......phew!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I personally don't have an opion right now about smoking while driving, but there should be a federal ban on cell phone usage without a handsfree kit.

I swear on a number of occassions, if i had a shotgun on-board I would have taken out the twat in front of me's taillights in exactly the situation you describe above.

the fact that a good proportion of people in the wider area around me are so mentally challenged they can barely talk, (forget reading/writing) combining talking/navigating/driving/drinking a coke/eating a burger is a recipe for disaster
Oh I thought it was the law that you had to talk to someone on your cell phone immediately on entering your vehicle.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:53 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Never actually stuck me nose near a donkeys bum. What other animals do you like?
I said come out off....not still in.......

If you've spent anytime at all on Weston beach......you'd know what I mean.....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:57 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
You ought to try Camel then.......phew!
I think this thread may start going down the road of toilet homour any minute now.......
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I think this thread may start going down the road of toilet homour any minute now.......

I wonder why the words Krizzy & toilet humour seem to naturally go hand in hand ? :P
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:11 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I wonder why the words Krizzy & toilet humour seem to naturally go hand in hand ? :P
Can I bum a fag then?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:13 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:14 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Can I bum a fag then?

I think thats down to what State you live in.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.