Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Lakewood Ranch, FL

Lakewood Ranch, FL

Old May 29th 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all
Default Lakewood Ranch, FL

Hi all,

First time poster. My current employers are in the process of getting my L1-A visa for my move to our Sarasota offices. My wife and I have visited the area and were very impressed with Lakewood Ranch and the schools.

Any UK residents or other expatriates live there? Any comments, advice when moving.

My expected move date is August 1st
Old May 29th 2010, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lakewood Ranch, FL

hi there
you can go onto city data forum there will be tons of floridians there!
Old May 29th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
hi there
you can go onto city data forum there will be tons of floridians there!
Great suggestion, thank you. As you said, tons of stuff on there
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

You might also do a search on this forum...I think Lakewood Ranch came up a couple of months ago. Nice, but a bit Stepford like was the general consensus I believe.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dan725
think Lakewood Ranch came up a couple of months ago. Nice, but a bit Stepford like was the general consensus I believe.
yes but then not as Stepford as Celebration! but Celebration is absolutely fantastic IMHO of course!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Lakewood Ranch, FL

Originally Posted by SuperOwls
Hi all,

First time poster. My current employers are in the process of getting my L1-A visa for my move to our Sarasota offices. My wife and I have visited the area and were very impressed with Lakewood Ranch and the schools.

Any UK residents or other expatriates live there? Any comments, advice when moving.
We have a property 'next door' just 5-10 mins away and we think its a nice modern community when we have passed through. I wouldn't say Stepford as such but it is all pretty well self-maintained. Good access for all roads and school, leisure, cinema and restaurants on tap. LWR school has been in the news for drug problems but you get that in the UK when you least expect it. Have an open mind. Good luck with the business.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Nicky0708 is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in Sarasota in April and we viewed a view properties on Lakewood Ranch. Its a lovely area and is very well maintained, but we ruled it out simply because we felt it was very Stepford Wifes! They close the main street off I think its the last Friday of every month to have a parade for the kids, which sounds great. When we drove through the town centre it was like a ghost town with nothing but earry music playing in the background. But the houses we viewed were lovely. The schools looked great and I think the one that has the best name is Willis. We just felt that we would be happier being closer to the center of Sarasota and esp the beaches. Good luck
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Andy GCPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm an ex-pat living in LWR.

Like everywhere there are pro's and cons but all in all I am very happy here.

Please feel free to drop me a line when you make it into town and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Andy
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

Lakewood Ranch often gets a bashing but usually from people who can't afford to live there.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VivDee
Lakewood Ranch often gets a bashing but usually from people who can't afford to live there.
I take it it's one of those oh so very familiar in Florida Stepford Wives communities.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

ROFL!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

meow!
Are you having a hard time finding current threads to participate in positively?

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated.
...do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:09 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of the place. Sorry!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL!
You assume too much.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

I would delete this,if not thought appropriate but I don't see a delete button..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.