Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Lack of outdoor clothes in Texas

Lack of outdoor clothes in Texas

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Lack of outdoor clothes in Texas

Know what is funny?

A South African friend of mine went back home on holiday together with her hubby's boss and his wife.

They went to a very upmarket mall in Cape Town and after a few minutes she realized why everyone was looking at them out of the corner of their eyes.

They were dressed in typical Floridian clothing. Khaki shorts, tshirt and sneakers. Over there, we'd put on a nice dress to go down to the corner shop!!! If you go to the mall, you'd better be wearing make up, and dressed nicely. She felt so small... lol

I had a good laugh at that one.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom

Last night we went by the super market and a family of five came out as we were passing all but two in PJ's. I can understand kids in PJ's in the evening for convenience but Mom had her fluffy mule slippers on and totally outrageous flannel PJ bottoms.
Dirty Mare, I bet her and the kids had not even bothered to wash or get changed since they got up
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Dirty Mare, I bet her and the kids had not even bothered to wash or get changed since they got up
Yeah you're probably right. Says me who at 4:15pm is just headed to the shower!!! Today has been a total non starter.
My boys were in the shower at eight thirty this morning, I knew I should have got in there with them.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you're probably right. Says me who at 4:15pm is just headed to the shower!!! Today has been a total non starter.
My boys were in the shower at eight thirty this morning, I knew I should have got in there with them.
Well I'll let you off, you are expecting
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Well I'll let you off, you are expecting
Cheers Vic, finally got into the shower at half four and have just returned from a massive food shop so I'm not that much of a lay about!!! Oh and I went to the store in proper attire, left the PJ's in the washer!!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:59 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I just find it so unsanitary. Getting into bed after wearing your PJ's out? Yuck.
That really depends on what you wear to bed.

I'm a PJ's to the market and birthday suit in bed kinda girl.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
That really depends on what you wear to bed.

I'm a PJ's to the market and birthday suit in bed kinda girl.
PMSL
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:52 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Know what is funny?

A South African friend of mine went back home on holiday together with her hubby's boss and his wife.

They went to a very upmarket mall in Cape Town and after a few minutes she realized why everyone was looking at them out of the corner of their eyes.

They were dressed in typical Floridian clothing. Khaki shorts, tshirt and sneakers. Over there, we'd put on a nice dress to go down to the corner shop!!! If you go to the mall, you'd better be wearing make up, and dressed nicely. She felt so small... lol

I had a good laugh at that one.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ScousePete
OMG!!!

Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScousePete
She's obviously not shopping in the same Wally World as me!!!
That's where the vast majority of slipper wearing shoppers can be spotted!
Dressed up to go to Wal-mart, I've heard everything now
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Dressed up to go to Wal-mart, I've heard everything now
takes time putting those curlers in and getting a blue rinse though...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
takes time putting those curlers in and getting a blue rinse though...
Well this is true I suppose. I feel quite ashamed that I was there yesterday in my joggers, shame on me. Note to self make more of an effort when next visiting Wally World
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is true I suppose. I feel quite ashamed that I was there yesterday in my joggers, shame on me. Note to self make more of an effort when next visiting Wally World
gotta post the pic of you in curlers and a blue rinse then
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
gotta post the pic of you in curlers and a blue rinse then
No chance!!!