Reload this Page >

L2 visa EAD SSN 1-94 - can i travel in & out of USA

Wikiposts

L2 visa EAD SSN 1-94 - can i travel in & out of USA

Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:45 am
Just Joined

emas82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L2 visa EAD SSN 1-94 - can i travel in & out of USA

Hi, my husband has been offered relocation from London to New York on an L1 visa.

Im trying to relocate with my company, who offer a H1 visa.. i have a few questions if anyone is able to help..

1) If i am successful with my own company transfer on a H1 visa, if I leave that job, can I change my visa to move onto an L2 visa?

2) If I move on an L2 visa, should I apply for SSN or EAD first?

3) can I get my marriage certificate notarised at the US Embassy here in London in advance or does it have to be in the USA

4) With an H1 or L2 visa - do you get an I-94 doc with either? and am I able to travel in and out of the USA on one I-94, or do you surrender and fill in a new one each time you leave? Reason I am asking is that if I go under an L2 visa, Im planning to apply for my EAD and SSN and then return to London to continue working until they come through, as I hear this could take up to 90 days on average. (and we cant really afford for me to be out of work for that whole time)

Any help/advice appreciated
Thanks, liz
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L2 visa EAD SSN 1-94 - can i travel in & out of USA

I have moved your second thread into our US Immigration Forum here.

I am closing this thread as it appears to be very similar to the one above.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 21st 2013 at 4:01 am.